Lightning storm yields #3...

spitndrum

This bird was on the other side of the farm this morning strutting with a hen. He was trying to breed her but she wasn't having it. After the lightning and thunder started and a wall of solid rain falling so hard you couldn't see across the field I told dad. "I'm getting out of this blind and going to get the truck" he said that was fine he would stay dry in the blind with the camera ha ha (cheater) I knew I would have a chance and seeing this bird as I had to walk right through where he had been all morning. As I got the wooded patch he was near the rain subsided slightly but was still very steady as his girlfriend slipped back out in the field and proceeded to me. Never seen him but then I heard him gobble and see him strutting up over the hill. He started angling away from me and I decided to take the shot when the opportunity presented itself. So at __ yards I shot and he fell, hevi shot done work once again!

(Disclaimer you don't need to know how far he was he was over 40 and under 60 [emoji1] )

20#
9.5"beard
7/8"spurs

0ee89d474ec5b0943cd9cd5a02eb58d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

catman529

Congrats spit, one of the only things that kills my drive to hunt is a heavy rain. But if I'd seen em on the way out I too would have tried to kill him even if it was raining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spitndrum

catman529":1x1lm78d said:
Congrats spit, one of the only things that kills my drive to hunt is a heavy rain. But if I'd seen em on the way out I too would have tried to kill him even if it was raining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too can't film in it either

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Latest posts