Let's Talk About the Titans @ Packers

PillsburyDoughboy

They have played pretty good, one yard short tying a super bowl, they will be in the play offs this year, nice to have a TENNESSEE team to pull for in the NFL
One yard short 21 YEARS AGO and nothing since .

Playoff hopes on a wildcard is the best they can hope for on the best of years. .
Not exactly playing pretty good .

sun

Tennessee clinches AFC South division title with:
  1. TEN win OR
  2. IND loss OR
  3. TEN tie + IND tie
Tennessee clinches playoff berth with:
  1. BAL loss OR
  2. MIA loss OR
  3. TEN tie + CLE loss OR
  4. TEN tie + MIA tie OR
  5. TEN tie + BAL tie
Baltimore is playing @ Cincinnatti
Cleveland is playing @ Pittsburgh
Indianapolis is playing @ Jacksonville
Miami is playing @ Buffalo

Displaced_Vol

They're certainly not the old guard of the NFL, and they never will be. The fan base will always be somewhat fickle depending on how good they are because they haven't been there for decades. But, I think they have done about as well as anyone could have hoped. Nashville being a tourist destination anyway, having an nfl team gives further incentive to attract visiting fans and provide more to do.
I am not wise on all their financials so I won't get into any of that, but I think they do provide value to the city and the region.

I've cooled considerably on the NFL after all the race baiting but outside of that, I was happy to have a team close to root for that was interested in competing.

PillsburyDoughboy

Sorry... should have said You make zero sense. Once again
Let me break it down with crayons and stick figures then. They sucked when they were in Houston and they suck now that they are in Nashville. The only thing that changed was the uniform.

sun

Since the Titans moved to Tennessee, their franchise record is 183 - 168 for a .521 winning percentage.

A franchise winning percentage of .521 would be good enough for them to rank 15th out of 32 NFL teams.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_all-time_NFL_win–loss_records

And the Titans 8-8 [.500] play off record would rank them as having the 11th best playoff winning percentage in the NFL.
The fans in Tennessee have been able to enjoy a winning football team since they've moved there.
Check out the NFL franchise winning percentages of other teams to see which ones that they have out performed.
You would be surprised to see which teams that they rank ahead of, especially when their Houston statistics aren't included.
Even with their Houston record included, there's not many percentage points separating NFL teams in the middle of the pack.
The NFL's salary cap rules make a lot of the NFL teams very equal over time.
They all have their ups and downs, but the Titans have been on an upswing since their move when compared to their record in Houston.
They should be able to make the play offs again this year and may even win their division.

Last edited:

TreyB

Since the Titans moved to Tennessee, their franchise record is 183 - 168 for a .521 winning percentage.

A franchise winning percentage of .521 would be good enough for them to rank 15th out of 32 NFL teams.

And the Titans 8-8 [.500] play off record would rank them as having the 11th best playoff winning percentage in the NFL.
The fans in Tennessee have been able to enjoy a winning football team since they've moved there.
Check out the NFL franchise winning percentages of other teams to see which ones that they have out performed.
You would be surprised to see which teams that they rank ahead of, especially when their Houston statistics aren't included.
Even with their Houston record included, there's not many percentage points separating NFL teams in the middle of the pack.
They all have their ups and downs, but the Titans have been on an upswing since their move when compared to their record in Houston.
The should be able to make the play offs again this year and may even win their division.
PDB is CLUELESS

PillsburyDoughboy

They should be able to make the play offs again this year and may even win their division.
If your happy with participation trophies the rest of your future then I am happy for you. If a .521 record is the best you can do in 20+ years as a franchise then maybe you should take up golf.

sun

If your happy with participation trophies the rest of your future then I am happy for you. If a .521 record is the best you can do in 20+ years as a franchise then maybe you should take up golf.

A team doesn't have a chance to win a championship unless it can make the play offs.
A lot of Packers fans complain and think that the team squandered most of Aaron Rodgers whole HOF career because he's only won one Superbowl.
It's not every other team's fault that a QB like Brady has been so successful at winning championships.
The NFL has a lot of talent, but it takes special players and luck to win it all.
Fans appreciate the effort it takes to put together a winning season and a championship may only come once in a lifetime.
The players risk their health to play the game to the best of their ability, whether they win or lose.
For some owners, it's only a business, but for players there's a lot of pride involved and their career is on the line.
It's understandable that some fans will settle for nothing less than winning it all.
But to be the best of 32 teams in an elimination tournament also takes some luck. in the draft and on the field.
A lot of players have only been out of college for a few years and don't make as much as the big stars do.
They can end up being out of football and a job sooner than many realize, and then it's time to train a new recruit to do the job.
And there's all kinds of union contract rules about how much a team can practice with equipment on.
They follow their coaches decisions , and some plays work better than others.
It's all a gamble, even on defense, so may as well just enjoy the entertainment that it provides.

Last edited:

buckaroo

Its a frickin game man, either you like the sport or not just enjoy it its a GAME you know like checkers

buckaroo

Im a Vol fan thru and thru, we haven't done swuat for 15 yrs. I love them the same as I always have 59 yrs old and can remember sitting on my dads lap at 4 yrs old listening to them on a radio, my opinion you are the better fan if you still stick with your team, not only when you win, some people may be jealous their state cannot support an NFL team, Im certainly glad we have one

Displaced_Vol

NFL is geared towards parity. College football is geared towards dynasties. Makes what the patriots have done over the last 20 years all the more impressive & I am no pats fan.

THEdonkey0515

Saying a NFL team needs to move or quit.cause they haven't won a superbowl is just dumb.

If that is the case then they many other teams that need to hang it up before the titans

Lions, browns, jags, houston have never even been to a superbowl....teams that have been and never won a superbowl........Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals , Los Angeles Chargers, Minnesota Vikings.