Let's talk about 450's

Teufelhunden

I picked up a copy of Dirt Wheels magazine and saw where they had all the 450's and the reviews on them.

I'm looking into getting a YFZ 450. Some say get a Honda 450.

Why do some of these racers/quads not have reverse?

Thoughts?

I've looked on localsalesnetwork and craigslist for a used YFZ450 and most are running around $5K.

POSSUM HUNTER

race bikes dont need a reverse after you ride them for about 2 hours you can turn it about anywhere, i would be partial to honda scince that is what i raced plus i havent had any problems out of the bikes that i raced, all hondas

if you are looking i would price a new one if for nothing other than a factory waranty. and do you plan on racing or are you going to play

i have heard good things about both listed there but if i here to go buy one now it would be the kawi it sit good and rides well with good power. i havent rode the yami so i cant say on it butt you need to go ride a few before you buy. see what fits you as far as ergonomics you have some play with all of them just not alot

if i can help any more let me know

JThuntsalot

Even though I don't race anymore. I have rode both the yamaha and honda. I have rode stockers and race built bikes of both. The yamaha is faster stock and has a smoother ride than the honda. The built bikes was totally different the honda ate the yamaha up with less money involved. When I say race built bikes I am talking bikes with around 13,000 invested. If you plan on just free riding go with the yamaha but if you plan on building and racing go with the Honda.