Let's talk about 450's

Teufelhunden

I picked up a copy of Dirt Wheels magazine and saw where they had all the 450's and the reviews on them.

I'm looking into getting a YFZ 450. Some say get a Honda 450.

Why do some of these racers/quads not have reverse?

Thoughts?

I've looked on localsalesnetwork and craigslist for a used YFZ450 and most are running around $5K.

POSSUM HUNTER

race bikes dont need a reverse after you ride them for about 2 hours you can turn it about anywhere, i would be partial to honda scince that is what i raced plus i havent had any problems out of the bikes that i raced, all hondas

if you are looking i would price a new one if for nothing other than a factory waranty. and do you plan on racing or are you going to play

i have heard good things about both listed there but if i here to go buy one now it would be the kawi it sit good and rides well with good power. i havent rode the yami so i cant say on it butt you need to go ride a few before you buy. see what fits you as far as ergonomics you have some play with all of them just not alot

if i can help any more let me know

JThuntsalot

Even though I don't race anymore. I have rode both the yamaha and honda. I have rode stockers and race built bikes of both. The yamaha is faster stock and has a smoother ride than the honda. The built bikes was totally different the honda ate the yamaha up with less money involved. When I say race built bikes I am talking bikes with around 13,000 invested. If you plan on just free riding go with the yamaha but if you plan on building and racing go with the Honda.

Latest posts