Let it run

remke

hey guys, dont forget to crank up the bikes and let them run for a few minutes to keep the battery charged. I try to do it once every 2 weeks, and my battery is 3 years old. My buddy has the same year bike as mine, and has gone through 2 sofar. Plus it makes your neighbor kinda made. :D

Squiggs

tndrbstr said:
I don't ever start my bike in cold weather unless I am going to bring everything up to operating temps. That means the oil as well as the cases. If I'm not gonna ride it I generaly don't even start it due to condensation concerns.

+2

FULLDRAWXX75

Squiggs said:
I do that, and I plug up a Battery Tender to it...

My '03 Softail Springer still has the original battery it it!!

I never start my bike after it is placed in for its winter nap, but I have had a battery tender on it since new, (01 RoadKing) original battery made it 9 1/2 seasons before needing to be replaced.

FDXX75

Big Gun

FULLDRAWXX75 said:
Squiggs said:

I never start my bike after it is placed in for its winter nap, but I have had a battery tender on it since new, (01 RoadKing) original battery made it 9 1/2 seasons before needing to be replaced.

FDXX75

I was going to say something about putting up for its winter nap but then I saw you're in N.Y. You're excused.
I try to ride mine a couple of times a month during the winter, more weather permitting.

BMan

Big Gun said:
FULLDRAWXX75 said:
Squiggs said:

FDXX75

I was going to say something about putting up for its winter nap but then I saw you're in N.Y. You're excused.
I try to ride mine a couple of times a month during the wi
nter, more weather permitting.
Got that right. Sunday is looking real good...

Big Gun

Yes it is but my wife will be at work so I'll be with the kids. I'll probably ride to work Monday though.

showmehorns

tndrbstr said:
I don't ever start my bike in cold weather unless I am going to bring everything up to operating temps. That means the oil as well as the cases. If I'm not gonna ride it I generaly don't even start it due to condensation concerns.

What he said. Bike picks up a ton of moisture that doesn't go anywhere if everything doesn't get up to operating temps.