Less than 90 days Till Archery season!!!

tonybart55

Just picked up bows for me and my son 9 days ago; can't wait for our first archery season. Now just need to get a couple ground blinds and/or tree stands.
If I could recommend a ground blind, I personally love the Ghost Blind. If set up properly, it's basically 4 panels of invisibility that you can hide behind I've shot several deer out of it with my bow, easy to set up and easy to pack up. Only downfall is that it's a bit pricey, but it's worth it IMO.

And once you shoot your first archery deer you'll be hooked! I shot my first archery deer in 2019, and since then I've only taken my rifle or muzzleloader out maybe just enough to count on one hand or so.

What kind of bows did y'all get?

lafn96

If I could recommend a ground blind, I personally love the Ghost Blind. If set up properly, it's basically 4 panels of invisibility that you can hide behind I've shot several deer out of it with my bow, easy to set up and easy to pack up. Only downfall is that it's a bit pricey, but it's worth it IMO.

And once you shoot your first archery deer you'll be hooked! I shot my first archery deer in 2019, and since then I've only taken my rifle or muzzleloader out maybe just enough to count on one hand or so.

What kind of bows did y'all get?
Son got a used hoyt, I got a used elite. Both from Harvest Archery, who also set them up and gave us a short lesson as we are both complete rookies.

UCStandSitter

Counting down the days on the whiteboard behind my desk. My gear has been packed and ready since Feb. Tweaked the bow a lil last week to make me a smidge more accurate and averaging 50 sticks per day downrange. To say I'm ready for the season to start already would be an understatement. I know the wife is sick of the daily countdown notifications from me. 😂

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Just picked up bows for me and my son 9 days ago; can't wait for our first archery season. Now just need to get a couple ground blinds and/or tree stands.
If you go the ground blind route, set it up in the back yard or at the range(if allowed) and practice shooting from inside it. It is quite a bit different from shooting standing. And make sure you use the same chairs or other seats that you will be using during season, and don't just take straight on out the front shots. I know it may seem like I'm giving obvious advice here, but you'd be surprised by how often things like that get overlooked.

lafn96

If you go the ground blind route, set it up in the back yard or at the range(if allowed) and practice shooting from inside it. It is quite a bit different from shooting standing. And make sure you use the same chairs or other seats that you will be using during season, and don't just take straight on out the front shots. I know it may seem like I'm giving obvious advice here, but you'd be surprised by how often things like that get overlooked.
Thank you; I'll take all the advice I can get. If I get tree stands; I was planning on shooting from the loft in the barn to simulate the elevated shots.

UCStandSitter

I got one. Haven't used it yet. Hope you're right. I've heard good things about'em
Game changer man. I have one that's made for the patio as well. Wife loves it.

I took my hunting one on a hike a few weeks back and was never bit by a single mosquito. People throw around game changer too often for it to have the full effect but a Thermacell definitely is one.

Specializedjon

Game changer man. I have one that's made for the patio as well. Wife loves it.

I took my hunting one on a hike a few weeks back and was never bit by a single mosquito. People throw around game changer too often for it to have the full effect but a Thermacell definitely is one.
I'm gonna give it a test drive next week camping. I bought mine after a video I saw with @catman529 wearing his. Appreciate the endorsement.

Latest posts