Lee Collet Dies

rickyk280

Was running some 280 Ackley brass thru a collet die this AM was wondering if many here use the CD. I been using them for several years in all my hunting rifles.

I use a Redding body die to bump the shoulder back when needed.

Long walker

Lee collet and Redding body dies are all I use for all my rifles including gas guns. It's an extra step but works the brass less with the semis and I only neck size for my bolt guns until I need to bump the shoulder.

utvolsfan77

Was running some 280 Ackley brass thru a collet die this AM was wondering if many here use the CD. I been using them for several years in all my hunting rifles.

I use a Redding body die to bump the shoulder back when needed.
I use them on everything I load. On my personal rifles, I load for each individual rifle after fire forming cases in each rifle. I neck size only after each firing and customize seating depth to each chamber, so I have multiple sets of dies in some calibers. Yes, it is slow and yes, it is a pain keeping brass separated for each rifle, but once I developed and refined my personal system, it began paying dividends in accuracy achieved.

utvolsfan77

Most of my rifles are bolt guns, but I do have some semi-autos and other action types. Having three different .308 rifles and three .30-06 rifles, I probably load as much .308 and .30-06 as I do other calibers combined. My loads work for me in my rifles but your results may vary.

Latest posts