led vs propane lantern

stik

elauwit said:
stik said:
elauwit said:
tndrbstr said:
another vote for coleman fuel!... :)
and another. i've got one that is over 30 years old and still works great.

i have one the neighbor gave me that is a mid 60's model and still works great.
i did have to replace the plunger on mine where the rubber dry rotted. other than that it works great.

i have replaced the pumps and generators on several and keep spares. a couple of drops of oil once a year will prevent the dry rot and improves the seal.

mike243

propane or the LED for me.coleman makes a nice rechargable LED & my son has 1,works great.your sol if you forget to charge it or dont have spare batteries.the propane is no mess .also the LED is tent & kid friendly,no little burnt hands

Yellowstone Mike

I have something for you. I designed and patented a new type of lantern with a solid fiber optic mantle. It uses an LED flashlight as it's power source. I used two of them last year when I was elk hunting and lit my 12 X 29 foor wall tent with them . I call it the FlashLantern. I used one box of 24 AA batteries over two weeks. They definitely cut down on fuel costs and storage. I got tired of breaking mantles and globes so I designed it to be almost unbreakable aand completely water proof. The FlashLantern only weighs 6.8 oz w/o flashlight, comes with a quick release hanger and is made in the USA of aluminum. The FlashLantern is available on my web site. You can also see the FlashLantern Video that I shot while in Elk camp last year.