Lease rates

MickThompson

I have to decide $ benefit vs hassle. I plan on hunting it too.
If I was a potential lessor, that would be an absolute deal breaker on a small tract. Small tracts can sometimes demand a premium per acre because the overall cost is much less than a large tract but it would have to be for exclusive hunting rights.

Omega

If I was a potential lessor, that would be an absolute deal breaker on a small tract. Small tracts can sometimes demand a premium per acre because the overall cost is much less than a large tract but it would have to be for exclusive hunting rights.
That is why I doubt I will ever lease the two small spots I have, at least while I am able to hunt. Last year was the only year I actually invited someone to hunt in my shoot house with me. A coworker that had never hunted and wanted and intro, unfortunately he didn't get a shot, though he had a couple opportunities. Maybe he will again join me this year, but he is due to retire so he may not get a chance.

SSlater

So far, I'm not seeing any positives.
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards not leasing.

Last edited:

SSlater

Main reason I even considered it was because there are so many deer. I figured there was enough for 2-3 people to hunt easily but with todays tendency to have drama, it's probably just not a good idea. I can tell you this, with it being my land, I can assure you, I will never give up my right to hunt on it.

SSlater

Consider doing something different to control your deer herd . Get involved with a youth or veterans group and have a couple hunts for them. You set the rules what is to be shot & set the dates that best suit you. Win for everyone.
This sounds like a fantastic idea! Thank you!

If you are aware of a group fitting either description, please let me know. Disabled veterans or youth even better!

kel

There is a wounded warrior hunt every Dec in Roane county. Its an AWSOME event for our Veterans. Actually a couple of them hunt my land "East of Kingston also" during this hunt. These vets will hunt with a "guide". You can PM me and I can give you more details

SSlater

I'm not ignoring the two people who PMed me. Things have just been crazy. As soon as things calm down and I have time to chat without a time constraint, I will be in touch.

Latest posts