Lease prices

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Buddy of mine went and looked at 65 acres in KY yesterday.
Basically two guys are leasing land then sub-leasing it, or trying to.

65 acres in Graves County.
Total of "about" 5 acres of woods. 4 in one spot and 1 scattered throughout the property in the form of trees along ditches.

After looking it over he asked how much.
Well, we are wanting $25 an acre.
no
Well, how about $20?
no

This is what I will give and that is only if spring turkey comes with it.
We will check with the landowner and call you tomorrow.

Scary stuff imho.

ttf909

There have been a couple guys in the last few years leasing land in this manner on tndeer. I really ticked one of them off when I asked him if I could confirm with the landowner he had permission to lease the land . Be afraid ,very afraid .

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Dbllunger said:
KENBOB10 said:
I'm glad we don't have to lease a fishing spot.

So true. It has me leaning more towards fishing every year.

I would go trout fishing this weekend if it wasn't my wife's birthday. :D

Might go try to find some crappie around here though.

landman

Poser said:
I would think that most lease agreements would prevent a person from from subleasing. I know that I would write that stipulation into a contract if I were leasing out land for hunting. If I were going to permit subleasing, I would make sure that I got 50% of the profit. If they are turning around and raising the price by 400%, then the landowner is being exploited. Not only is this practice going to drive up the costs of lease for all of us hunters, but its going to make sure that handshake agreements go the way of the past and lease agreements will get much more complicated.

Most landowners don't think about subleasing

tasaman

I hunt public before paying that crap. Have had nothing but problems on private believe it or not. Still have two good lands to hunt on private but when they are gone public is good enough for me.

Mark71211

I know where I hunt land goes for about $12-13 a acres but if it's got a pond with duck then double that price. The land where I goose hunt it's $50 a day but only if we shoot and that is dirt cheap

Latest posts