Learning Taxidermist, Needing Carcass Donations

Larimar

Hello! I'm Lari. I'm looking to get into taxidermy, but I currently do not trap or hunt, which makes things hard. I'm more about the art than the hunt!

I am going to be looking for animals to practice skinning/tanning on. I know a few people hunt and trap coyotes, raccoons, opossums, etc and don't do anything with the bodies. Would anyone be willing to part with 'garbage' carcasses for free? I'm speaking in terms of animals you don't do anything with. They must be frozen or freshly killed, to prevent slippage.

I will not be making a profit off whatever animals you give me. I do not have a taxidermy license, so I am not allowed to make money off any of it anyway. I just really, really need the practice. Why not practice on animals that were going to be left out?

+I can pickup frozen animals any day.
+If you give me GPS coordinates of fresh carcasses I can pick them up, with permission from landowner.
+If you are a taxidermist needing an intern, let me know. I would need to purchase a license before working with you, but I'd love to learn!
+Legal game only, please. For obvious reasons.
+This will not be until some time in 2016. I need to prep first and get a new car!

Thank you! Feel free to send me a private message or comment here.

fishboy1

I wish I had seen this earlier, could have hooked you up for sure.

Shoot me a PM and I will keep any coons I catch for the rest of the season if you still want them.

Actually I would love to have one of your worst practice mounts if you want to get rid of one. Somebody had a bad fox mount named Scooby and I laughed till my eyes watered every time he posted a picture of it. I think it would be a hoot to have a bad mount hanging in my log cabin. Hope you aren't offended by my asking for a practice mount, I just have a warped sense of humor and think it would be funny to have a mount with a goofy expression on its face.

Latest posts