LBL Stats

AT Hiker

Im attemtpting to look at LBL apps from a different angle, mainly trying to use harvest statistics to look at dates and areas. The only statistics I can find list simple harvest for Quota and Non-Quota, recent date for that is 2016 and the success is 13% for Quota hunts with 80% of the people showing up (I find that hard to believe but thats another topic).

Can anyone direct me to a resource for the LBL harvest stats? Surely they publish this information...

THEdonkey0515

I would be interested in seeing the stats as well.

Some might not believe this, but me and dad have been going to LBL every other year since 09 on gun draw hunts.

So last year was the 5th gun draw we have been on. We have yet to come back with out one of us taking a deer.

The deer have ranged from doe to 11pt wall hangers.

Last year we put in for wrong area had no idea where we was, dad still killed a buck on the last morning.

Also one year we knew we would not get drawn for the gun hunt so we made plains to go up and bow hunt a weekend.... Killed a doe on the ground with a bow for the first time.

We are 5 for 5 on draw hunts & 1 for 2 on bow hunts there since 09..... so 6 outta 7 trips we have killed at LBL.

PickettSFHunter

That was one question I had was how many points to draw typically. I have zero points for deer so I guess I'm out this year unless I found someone with enough points to apply with for a high average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEdonkey0515

PickettSFHunter":32nrfrt4 said:
That was one question I had was how many points to draw typically. I have zero points for deer so I guess I'm out this year unless I found someone with enough points to apply with for a high average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been drawn every other year since 09 this year is my off year.

Was a bonus buck them changing that may cause less people to put in for it.

AT Hiker

The max points you can have for deer at LBL is 3 points, 2 for turkey (at least this is how I interpret the regs). If we have someone backout of our group you can put in with us. I have 3 points, one other guy in my group has 2 and I need to double check with the others. I will text you later on when I get it all figured out.

TLRanger

I think the main reason for the 13% success rate is many that hunt there go for a large antlered buck and don't shoot an antlerless deer or small antlered buck....

I go every time I get a permit but don't kill every time I go. I usually have an opportunity but they are not what I am looking for. Especially now since they are

not bonus bucks. I will shoot an doe with my bow during the archery season if I get a chance.

Gobbler88

I went last year for the first time. My uncle and I hunted unit 13. There were hunters everywhere and seemed to be very few deer. I think the deer numbers are down from a recent EHD outbreak. I did end up killing a doe, but I was shocked at the number of hunters. The particular spot I hunted was way back off the road and I still had 2 hunters right on top of me.

Latest posts