Laurel Hill Lake

TNCharlie

I've fished LH twice in the last two weeks. We caught a few bass, all small. They seem to be in the hot weather pattern of hitting early and then just stopping. I'm not an expert on LH, but I hope to become one. :smile:

The jug fisherman that we saw weren't getting much action, probably due to the warm water (about 80 - 85 degrees).

They still seem to be trying to thin the bass population. You can keep 10 under 13 inches, or nine under 13 inches and one over 18 inches (PLR - 13 to 18). We actually fish for those little guys with a light weight rod. They are fun to catch, put up a good scrap on the light gear, and fit nicely on the grill or in the frying pan.

Haven't tried the bream, so no report on that.

Let us know how you do.

Coach B

Fished it yesterday. Caught a few bass early. Couldn't figure out how to catch any after the sun was up good. I brought home four little ones and had two that were in the slot. Several jug fisherman were out, and I saw a couple getting chased down. Found one hot bream bed that I caught 15 out of. Crickets about four feet deep. Had to fish pretty hard to finish the limit.

javman150

Thanks guys I knew some of yall had to fish up there. I called the Ranger Station there and he told me they had just fertilized it. He also said that the LM bite was slow but the bream and catfish was on right now. I live in Alabama now but when I was a kid we lived in Tennessee and my Dad would take my brother and I up there. I have not been back in years and now that I have my own boat I was going to take my Dad. If we go I will let you guys know how we did. GO VOLS!!!! Its hard being a Vols fan down here but they won't change me no matter how hard they try.

Latest posts