Land between the lakes

Mountainman865

Hey I was wondering if this is a quota hunt, if so how many people get drawn? Never been there before, what's it like hunting there ?

mike243

Lot of places are not bonus deer these days as the state looks for ways to grow trophy class deer, some places it will work others it won't, at some point in the next 50-75 years all deer hunting will be drawn hunts on public land, not in our lifetime but some day,

Buzzard Breath

Thats the reason I don't understand why its not a bonus deer anymore and TWRA runs the check in station during the rifle hunts.
LBL is up to something and with the way they've run things over the past couple years, it can't be good. They've asked to be completely removed as a WMA, but claim it's going to remain open for hunting.

Screenshot_20220604-073648_Drive.jpg

Rackseeker

Lot of places are not bonus deer these days as the state looks for ways to grow trophy class deer, some places it will work others it won't, at some point in the next 50-75 years all deer hunting will be drawn hunts on public land, not in our lifetime but some day,
Kinda my point its federal, but TWRA runs it more or less. I remember back years ago how it was at LBL when they had food plots and kinda managed it for wildlife. I could spend a day scouting in any area and find good buck sign and deer sign in general. And feel good about see a good buck.

gadwall

TWRA has never ran or managed LBL. It was at one time Kentucky Woodlands Wildlife Refuge under the control of the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service. Then when it became LBL in the 1960s it was managed and ran by TVA. It is currently managed by the U.S. Forest Service.

Buzzard Breath

TWRA has never ran or managed LBL. It was at one time Kentucky Woodlands Wildlife Refuge under the control of the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service. Then when it became LBL in the 1960s it was managed and ran by TVA. It is currently managed by the U.S. Forest Service.
They asked to be removed as a WMA so they could set their own hunting seasons. Apparently, they were getting some sort of influence from TWRA.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
They asked to be removed as a WMA so they could set their own hunting seasons. Apparently, they were getting some sort of influence from TWRA.
Y'all are about to discover just how the federal gov and all of it enviro wackos can fubar a great opportunity!!!!!!
Unless the liberal wackos are herded out of LBL it will soon loose it's appeal and become another federal desert.

SALTMAN

used to be my favorite bow hunt for many years .now they manage for the bicycles, hikers and other treehuggers . Hunting be damned .I drew last two years , didn't go either time , waste of time and this past year it was same as opening day here in Ky .

AT Hiker

Hopefully everyone will stop hunting LBL and leave it to the liberal tree hugging hippies.
Then, just maybe, I can actually have a good turkey hunt (deer hunting is what it is), like it used to be.…

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Much of LBL is poorly managed forest with many years worth of fuel Lying on the ground all about. Surprisingly a camp fire hasn't already gotten out but if one does it could be one hell of a fire. Liberal turd enviro whackos have way more influence over LBL than logical and proven management practices.

Chickenrig

It lost its appeal to me starting a few years ago when they did away with the food plots and did away with it being a bonus deer. Wouldn't surprise me if they gated it off at the south and north entrance. Then shut it down.
With ol sleepy Joe at the helm ,they could turn into a new housing development for all those illegal Mesicans he's letting in every day
FJB and his hoe

Antler Daddy

Much of LBL is poorly managed forest with many years worth of fuel Lying on the ground all about. Surprisingly a camp fire hasn't already gotten out but if one does it could be one hell of a fire. Liberal turd enviro whackos have way more influence over LBL than logical and proven management practices.
Couple more jumping tornados and a few good fires could help!

Plenty of crops on the KY side that I saw, but barely a track in the fields.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
All that storm damaged timber is on the market. Not a lot of interest what has sold is cheaper than pulpwood prices. 2 sources from inside the park implied $9 a ton was average. On the flip side of that they can't pick and choose, it is a salvage operation that I would not want. Crops are just getting started over there while the cool weather has kept the native browse palatable. Next weeks heat should change that.

Latest posts