Lake Okeechobee ( FL )

trealtree

I was down there for an airboat tour, and most of the guides were using live shiners fishing for bass in the reeds. I am sure it will be fun, good luck.

CHBUCK

It is fun. Carry plenty of money, because shiners cost you a arm and a leg down there. It is well worth it though.

Arch-N

OK BW is this sarcasm or is there really a place on the lake called the hay field? If so that's what I'm paying a guide for.

Arch-N

The guide will earn his money on this trip, my wife and I are no fishing experts for sure, more like fishing morons. Hope he's ready to hold my hand all day. : )

bowriter

R.I.P.
Arch-N said:
OK BW is this sarcasm or is there really a place on the lake called the hay field? If so that's what I'm paying a guide for.

There is an area of the lake called the hayfield and there is one called the briar patch. You see, in the summer, some years ago, much of the lake went dry every summer and they baled hay on it. Hence lots of the names. If the wind gets up just right, you can still reach over and scoop a handfull of mud off the bottom and not get your hand wet. All depends on where you are starting out if you will be anywhere near either place. I was lost the entire time I was there and that was for a week.
(Fishing with a local)

Latest posts