Ky Lake Tom.

tophat

Some of us getting toghter and seeing if we can put some crappie in the boat.Hope so but don't matter it's a day of fishing and i am ready to go.Going to put in at springville got a few places their to try out.

tophat

K for sure next time i so ready for some bass fishing tho.But will crappie fish up to march for sure.

Swamphunter said:
Give us a little notice next time and I will bring Mossy300 with me and we will join you. Sounds like fun. Good luck!

username

Bites been VERY tough lately. As a matter of fact, the toughest I've ever fished.
I can't say whats going on in the area you'll be fishing but I know south of there is experiencing the most massive shad kill I've ever seen.

I went this afternoon for a few hours and there are literally millions of shad floating around or barely swimming on the surface in all the creeks and right down the river channel.

Good Luck though. Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck.

tophat

Well guys we put 3 keepers in the boat and a few short fish not really all that good.But it was a wonderful day just to be on the lake,Seen about 20 tom's today on the banks that was cool.

woodyard

Tophat you did better than most I was around. I didn't get a thing and everybody I saw and talked with didn't either. However it was about as good a January day as you could ever get.

username

tophat said:
Well guys we put 3 keepers in the boat and a few short fish not really all that good.But it was a wonderful day just to be on the lake,Seen about 20 tom's today on the banks that was cool.

How were the water temps down there? Was there a big time shad kill happening?

woodyard

The water temp was around 35-36. I didn't see any shad on surface and did not see many gulls around the area. Two weeks ago there were bunches of gulls around entrance area to britain ford and the little island. For some reason it is really tough right now.

tophat

I took my bass boat out sunday and the water temp at the mouth of standing rock was 43 and the water temp sat.at springville was 35 to 38.So the main lake is a little warmer right now.I will say if it keeps up in the 40's and low 50's for a week or so we should be a great time to catch some crappie.

username said:
tophat said:

How were the water temps down there? Was there a big time shad kill happening?

Latest posts