Killed my first limit of mallards today

Crosshairy

A coworker who has only been hunting a few times ever expressed interest in coming along for "whatever" I was hunting. He applied with me for a public spot, and he was drawn for this weekend. It was an awful walk in to the place, but the birds were thick today. I'm not an accomplished or experienced duck hunter, but we managed a 2-man mallard limit plus a merganser even after getting there a bit late. I kept telling him "it's not always like this!!" As birds kept coming in and circling. Fun times!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,682

callemquacktn

Crosshairy":t09icrv9 said:
A coworker who has only been hunting a few times ever expressed interest in coming along for "whatever" I was hunting. He applied with me for a public spot, and he was drawn for this weekend. It was an awful walk in to the place, but the birds were thick today. I'm not an accomplished or experienced duck hunter, but we managed a 2-man mallard limit plus a merganser even after getting there a bit late. I kept telling him "it's not always like this!!" As birds kept coming in and circling. Fun times!!!

I have had many great hunts in that same spot and you're right it's not always like that.
The hill will get to ya carrying those limits out. Lol
Congrats

Crosshairy

We went back yesterday morning for the last weekend of the hunt. Had three guns this time. Much slower hunting, but still had a decent amount of birds at times. Didn't quite get a limit, but we did have some gadwalls come in that helped our numbers. Ended up with 15 ducks - 1 teal, 4 gadwall, and 10 mallards. Had a great time with good friends!