Kentucky hunters

southernhunter

I was planning to hunt some public land in Kentucky for the first time this year

3 of us already have a rental home booked for the week we as coming.

I was just told Kentucky is not selling non resident hunting license this year.

I found out this was true fro turkey season but is it also true for deer?

I plan call myself Monday.

southernhunter

I edited the post. Some wires got crossed between Nebraska and Kentucky.

However it appears at this time that while you can buy Kentucky license they may or may not honor them this fall.

Was said they will refund or apply the money toward next year if they close the state to nonresidents.

Thought someone here my have already called them.

Jmed

Kentucky not letting me hunt MY leases was an absolute joke. I have way to much time and Money wrapped up into these properties to not be able to hunt them. There will either be A, a lot of poaching going on, or B, a lot of pissed off land owners who loose thousands when their leases dont renew. not to mention millions in lost revenue to the outfitters and lost license sales for the state.

Mr.Bro

KY stopped selling nr turkey licenses but nrs that had already bought them continued to hunt, kill and check in turkeys.
I've got my nr deer license and WILL deer hunt.

JeepKuntry

I have a hunt in November. I purchased my license online. The outfitter told me that while they may have blocked the purchase at some point, there were never any traveling restrictions so buy your license now!

rem270

I'm fixing to buy my license in case they do like they did right before turkey season. But in the county my property is the GW thought it was stupid like we did and said to just stay on my property and in that county and I'd be good ;) . Ah be dang if Queen Andy keeps me from hunting my own property

Don'tDrinkTinks

I need to get my tags as well... so what happens if the sale goes through and they make an official announcement I a couple of months that they are not allowing sales and asking hunters to quarantine for 2 weeks after entering KY like they did for Turkey?

Could you receive a penalty or citation when you call in to tag a deer?

Mr.Bro

Waiting on updates? if your waiting on updates you aint going to like it if there is one.
Get it now and go hunt.
Hell I may just become a Ky resident anyway.

@fulldraw

I hunted during turkey season. Tagged two gobblers. I didn't go around anyone and stayed in the woods. Can't quarantine anymore than that. Just go hunting this fall like most others.

LanceS4803

You guys are scaring me with this talk of NR license revocations.
I have drawn a Limited Entry elk tag in Utah in September, and sure hope they don't get some wild hair.