K&J Processing Paris

Henry

Does anyone use K&J Processing in Paris. Looking for somewhere to go since Yoders closed. Want someone that does sliced jerky and snack sticks.
Our neighbor hasn't complained about them, but they're the only place around here and is where I'll take my first one. The second one this year we plan to learn how to butcher on.

Check their days/hours. I believe they're closed weekends so prepare ahead to keep him chilled...looks like a high of 40 degrees and sunny Sunday. Actually, I will call them tomorrow and ask if they'll be open Saturday since it's the first day of gun season. Will probably have some happy new customers if they will do that for us.

They told us they will do specialty cuts by the pound: summer sausage, breakfast sausage, snack links, hot dogs and jerky. Didn't know to ask about snack sticks unless that's what their snack links are. ;)

I was out at one of the blinds getting it ready this afternoon and had two doe come into the meadow right in front of me and then had a big buck snort at me. I wasn't trying to be quiet or hold down my scent, just working. Dude went off on me. I'll take care of him Saturday.

Good luck out there.

Last edited:

TNReb

I haven't had a deer done there, but they did a cow for my earlier in the year. I was pleased with it. Same issue, Yoders couldn't get us in.
You may already know, but Yoders has been permanently closed since around May. Sad to see them go. Grew up 15 minutes from them. Their snack sticks and summer sausage was awesome. Also where we took our cows.

Henry

Our neighbor hasn't complained about them, but they're the only place around here and is where I'll take my first one. The second one this year we plan to learn how to butcher on.

Check their days/hours. I believe they're closed weekends so prepare ahead to keep him chilled...looks like a high of 40 degrees and sunny Sunday. Actually, I will call them tomorrow and ask if they'll be open Saturday since it's the first day of gun season. Will probably have some happy new customers if they will do that for us.

They told us they will do specialty cuts by the pound: summer sausage, breakfast sausage, snack links, hot dogs and jerky. Didn't know to ask about snack sticks unless that's what their snack links are. ;)

I was out at one of the blinds getting it ready this afternoon and had two doe come into the meadow right in front of me and then had a big buck snort at me. I wasn't trying to be quiet or hold down my scent, just working. Dude went off on me. I'll take care of him Saturday.

Good luck out there.

Does anyone use K&J Processing in Paris. Looking for somewhere to go since Yoders closed. Want someone that does sliced jerky and snack sticks.
I forgot this part: $25 to field dress if needed, $90 to do standard cuts: roast, steak, burger, loin.

Henry

Backwoods Butcher in Big Sandy said they'll be showing up around 6:30am and stay til we stop bringing them deer.
$90.
If they happen to not be there just call the number posted on the door and they will be there in about 10 minutes...if it's not waaay after hours tomorrow.

I was not able to call K&J before they closed, but am guessing they would be worth a call tomorrow to see if they're around before driving to Big Sandy. Hope this helps a little. Apologies for not catching K&J in time.

Latest posts