Juvenile hunt

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
With it coming up and seeing my "memories" pop up on facebook really makes me sad.
All the years that my son was able to go on the juvy hunt that was the same week we had inventory at work.
I think of all those years I was able to go with him ONE Saturday morning and ONE Saturday evening.
Had to work L O N G hours every time that weekend.

I promise you young dads out there, you will N E V E R look back and say, sheesh I wish I had worked more.
Not that I really had a choice but all I am saying is take every chance you have to enjoy your children and life in general.

Good luck to everyone.

Headhunter

I can remember being at LBL and my brother and myself had deer to check in. We got to the check station and there was a pickup truck with lots of taxidermy. One guy had a cowboy hat on that had a skunk on it. Meaning the head was at the front, and the hide went around the hat with the tail hanging off the back. I kept looking and told my dad, that is cousins Mark and David. It was. They were "advertising" to get taxidermy business. Of course neither one of our deer were anything to mount.

Shikari75

I was talking to my boys last night and we were recalling how much fun we had during JUV hunt weekend! Wish they had the time
to hunt with me now like they used to. Camping trips to LBL and draw hunts at WMAs were the best!
Oldest, 43 manages 2-3 rifle hunts with me, middle son, 40 doesn't like killing anything anymore, youngest, 32,will come out and help me drag one out if needed….they all love to eat venison!

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
With it coming up and seeing my "memories" pop up on facebook really makes me sad.
All the years that my son was able to go on the juvy hunt that was the same week we had inventory at work.
I think of all those years I was able to go with him ONE Saturday morning and ONE Saturday evening.
Had to work L O N G hours every time that weekend.

I promise you young dads out there, you will N E V E R look back and say, sheesh I wish I had worked more.
Not that I really had a choice but all I am saying is take every chance you have to enjoy your children and life in general.

Good luck to everyone.
You make a great point!

Oldschool

Memories made taking kids on a juvenile hunt. My grandson will hunt out of a blind with me a couple times a year. Cherish those times together.

Andy S.

SAGE SAGE advice from someone who has been there and knows. Good luck to all parents and adults who will take kids out this weekend. Safety first, fun second and the rest is icing on the cake. Make those memories while you can.

Lost Lake

Even though mine is now 16 and not that interested in hunting right now, I absolutely cherish the few years that she hunted and tagged deer. I'll never forget it, and hope she doesn't either.

Great advice Ruger. You NEVER get those years back. Take them anytime they want to go.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Dang guys, making me feel sad and I still have some years left. My oldest will be 12 in Nov. My youngest is 9, but she doesn't want to hurt any animals. This weekend will be our first "away" hunt as we are doing the Buffalo Ridge refuge in Waverly. Wife thinks I'm crazy for driving 5 hours for us to hunt 1 day but that's part of the memories. Hope he shoots early so I don't have to hunt all day then drive the 5 hrs back…lol It really does go by fast though!!

Latest posts