Just wondering

FULLDRAWXX75

I usually hunt with both, but this yr. I tagged out on opening day with the inline, didn't hunt the rifle season on two days and 5 days of the shotgun season.

I have a .54 cal Hawkens that I will probably be buried with. LOL

FDXX75

JimFromTN

I used to be a hard core traditional muzzleloader user but nobody hardly sells traditional muzzleloaders in the stores anymore. You have to mail order them or buy some cheap garbage off the shelf. I had a TC Hawkin and the nipple blew out of it. I retapped the bolster for a musket cap nipple but the trigger spring was not strong enough to set off the cap. I probably could have had one made but I did not have time so I went to bass pro hoping I could find a descent traditional ML but that did not happen so I ended up with a TC Omega. I refused to put a scope on it the first year I had it but then I gave in again. I then gave in again and started using 777 and now I am using hornday fpb's. I have gone completely over to the dark side. I'm so ashamed.

smokin

Yank said:
I have a newer inline but mostly carry my old TC Scout and still shoot round ball out of it. You all remeber those? :grin:

Yes I Do, I wish I could find one, Im gouing to the gun show the weekend after Christmas with the sole purpuse of trying to find one.

LCU

elauwit said:
all i have is traditional. I just like the looks of them. I'm glad you said traditional. I made the mistake of saying real and got crucified for it.

HA. I agree with you.
I only shoot a TC inline,and it's not much different than a centerfire rifle.

Good to hear someone shoots a real ML.

Yank

NICE!! :cool:

DEER ASSASSIN said:
but i do use an inline too

]
101_5419.jpg

101_5434.jpg

100_5483.jpg

100_5547.jpg

all from this year

still trying to get one with cap n ball

Yank

smokin said:
Yank said:
I have a newer inline but mostly carry my old TC Scout and still shoot round ball out of it. You all remeber those? :grin:

Yes I Do, I wish I could find one, Im gouing to the gun show the weekend after Christmas with the sole purpuse of trying to find one.

Here she is, sorry but I scoped it this year with 3X9 Tasco because I got bored. :) The round balls shoot a 3" group at 80 yards with 100 grains of powder. Not bad for an antique I guess. What's it worth? I've tought about selling it and getting something new to tinker with. I looked for the single shot pistol version of it forever, pretty near impossible to find! Hey, you know any of the "Parks" family in Lake City or Clinton?

001-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

FULLDRAWXX75

Yank,

Google "T/C Scout Pistol" or "T/C Scout Rifle" they are all over the place for sale. Some mint, never fired in the box.

Not cheap for those, but some used ones are reasonable.

FDXX75

Latest posts