Just starting out

416wbymag

Where would a guy in West Knoxville begin to look for these types of things?

Not asking for honey holes, just general areas. I tried a few spots down on Tellico but most of that area is off limits...

Any help would be appreciated.

Crow Terminator

I will tell you a good spot to start.

Go to the Cedar Bluff exit on the interstate. In the Best Buy shopping center there is a picture frame store / relic store.

In that store is a bunch of Civil War relics and the guy that works in there can probably help you out quite a bit. He does a lot of hunting and would be worth looking into.

416wbymag

I have been a part time rock hound for a while. During my walks along the lake looking for doubly terminated quartz crystals I will find an occasional arrow head, I almost like them better.

I mainly like taking walks on the lake banks and creek beds when they are low looking for crinoids, quartz, and geodes. Some Garnets up in NC.

Would like to start looking more for arrow heads and anything else that might be visible

not much of a digger or detector

thanks for all the info

bobthebowhunter

carful on the lakes. I've heard that the tva will bust you for taking artifacts out of the lake beds. Don't know how true that is just heard from a friend.

BTW have you noticed all the clearing they are doing there at the watt rd exit. Afer a good rain might not be a bad time to check out the side of that ridge.

Latest posts