Just Curious

BIGORANGE

I use 2" Blazer with my Whisker Biscuit and have no complaints.
The 2" is Blazer is more duarble and slows the arrow down less than 4" :cool:

Baxter83

I've shot 4" vanes with my w.b. since I bought my bow and have never had a problem with it tearing them off or wadding them up. I can see how it would slow down your arrow speed though.

Radar

I use feathers and you would be surprised at the durability through a WB . The edges get a little rough , but they hold up well .
In vanes , I would say any vane made by Bohning Archery is a good choice . They are a stiffer plastic , and hold up better than any rubber based vanes .
Bohning makes the 2" Blazers , but they also make some quality 4" vanes if you want to stick with 4" vanes .

TheAirMan

I have used both. I never had a problem with the 4" becoming wavy. Whichever you go with, put a drop of glue on the front of the vane.

Radar

TheAirMan said:
I have used both. I never had a problem with the 4" becoming wavy. Whichever you go with, put a drop of glue on the front of the vane.
I also use super glue gel when I fletch arrows . It's adheres good to carbon shafts .

LCU

I shoot 2" blazers on CE Maxima Hunters.
No wave,waveless,without wave.

I also shoot a QAD Pro, so it flies through nothing but air.

Radar

This thread isn't about drop aways ! I have never had issues with wavy vanes with Blazers through a WB . I'm not going to get into the stupid WB vs. drop away arguments . Each rest has their own place where they shine . Most of the critics of the rest have never used one for hunting .
They are the best hunting rest made in my opinion . Shoot what works for you !

LCU

Hey GRIZZ,
I have had issues with wavey vanes using a drop away.
Drop away or WB, some get wavy.
Got tried of using the blow dryer.

Since I changed to the 2" Blazers it is no longer an issue.
Not sure if the 4" Blazers will get wavy or not.
They sure are tough,and hold up well.

Good luck.

Radar

.......a few tips I can pass on regarding the WB rest .
It needs to be sized right for the arrows used . I like a Medium disc for insert carbons .
Black carbon arrows with a smooth finish are more quiet than camo or arrows that have a texture .
Nock or loop should be set from 1/8"-1/4" above center , so the arrows don't rebound off the bottom of the WB frame . Set centershot dead center to start with .
Paper tune or walk back tune from there .
Keep your arrows clean . Any residue build up on the shaft from targets or dirt should be cleaned off the arrows because they will increase the noise when drawing.
You can take a Q tip and rub it on the inside of the WB to quiet it even further while hunting . The soft fibers from the Q tip will stick to the WB bristles and reduce any friction .

Latest posts