Just a Question?

Velocity kills

Moved to E. Tn last year from Vt. I hunted alot up there, as well I guided for years. I have only met people who would like to duck hunt, no hunters. I miss the sound of the wings on incoming woodies, and the view of a goose from a layout blind. Living in sevier county and need guidence!!! I would appreciate any help. Rough areas are fine, I can figure out the rest.Thanks.

rukiddin

I grew up hunting Eastern NC on the atlantic flyway and when then we moved here and last year was my first year hittin it hard here in Knoxville and surrounding area. There were a few birds but in all honesty, not hardly worth putting the boat in the water. We did have a pretty decent woody/teal season. I was so ticked off at the end of the season last year, I came in the house after the last day,and booked a guided trip in west tn for this year:). I

Velocity kills

All Sounds REAL promising for me here!I understand what u are saying black cloud. We have been having serios thought of going back to Montana, where i went to guide school. Now thai place is LIFE!!! A sportsmans paradise. waiting to build good knowledge so when we go out i can have a good life.Very poor state as far as income.But rich in outdoors!!!

Grizzly Johnson

Not really the answers you were looking for I know. I grew up in west tn hunting waterfowl around the Camden Bottoms and Birdsong area. We had our slow days but still managed to kill ducks.

I moved toward east tn for school and the poor waterfowl hunting just about made me give it up. Not much oppertunity this far east. The early goose season is pretty good but the best duck hunting is on the west side.

I hope this year is better with the better blind and the forcasted duck numbers being up. If not, I will make a few trips to my uncles place in west tn as I did last year and have a few decent hunts. Best of luck man.....

Biggun4214

Goose hunting is good. Lots of resident geese if you can find a golf course that allows hunting. Ducks you have to earn. Douglas can be fair if crappie and bass fishing is slow. The fishermen love to fish around decoys for some reason. Watch for really bad weather up north to push ducks down.

Duck Tracker

Biggun got that right!! I go over to East Tn every september and hunt the huge resident goose population they have. I have some guys who are duck leases in W. Tn and Arkansas with me that live in Knoxville, Harriman and Scott County area and the only ducks they find are in a huge ash pit now. Used to have a good Hooded merganser shoot there till the TVA accident. Nickajack is a good diver hole later in the season and there is a real sleeper lake up there that is a deep clear water lake that will hold a ton of redheads, jacks and bufflehead. Can't mention the name but maybe you will get the place:D My buddys here that go up there small mouth fishing in the winter always kill a good duck day or to while there.

2 boys I know in Johnson City say floating the smaller rivers over there gives up some good mallard and black duck shoots if you do a little scouting.

Velocity kills

Looking for some early goose areas. There are alot of resident geese. I overlook Douglas lake and they fly over the house every evening. I will find them. They will cup and commit.They will fall. I CANT MISS FOR 2 YRS RUNNING!!I will lose it!

rukiddin

Last year after about two weeks of the weekend warriors around knoxville skybusting and TRYING to call to them, the geese would actually flare at goose decoys and flat out leave when someone would blow a call. Still some good goose shooting if you can get away from the dummies.

Velocity kills

I just got permission from a landowner to hunt off his land on douglas. It is timber are and thats were the geese go when they fly over.There were some resident ducks in there as well.I have seen that with the flaring birds before...Takes alot of convincing somedays!