Jon Gruden

Spurhunter

Thought I would post this since some of the TNDeer football experts say they aren't hearing anyone talk about Butch Jones and the job he is doing. This is just one example of the compliments he's getting from REAL football experts.

Monday Night Football analyst and Super Bowl Champion Coach Jon Gruden has high praise for Tennessee head coach Butch Jones. He told FOX 17 in Nashville, "They have the right coach now, Butch Jones is for real. I have spent a lot of time with Butch over the years."

THEdonkey0515

Every one knows butch is doing an amazing job coaching and recruiting. His got this program going the right way!! Haters gonna hate no matter what! He could win out the season and win a good bowl and there gonna be them haters that say well should have did this and that. His a good coach in two years vols will be way beter off then they have been in YEARS.... and years

farmin68

Spurhunter said:
Monday Night Football analyst and Super Bowl Champion Coach Jon Gruden has high praise for Tennessee head coach Butch Jones. He told FOX 17 in Nashville, "They have the right coach now, Butch Jones is for real. I have spent a lot of time with Butch over the years."

Butch is the reason Jon Gruden isn't UT's coach today. Gruden was only going to take the UT job if Jones declined the offer.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
:whistle:

farmin68

Twinshooter said:
Yes, It appears that we do indeed have a Coach that cares about the program and players.
One of the first coaches that I seen that will make the trip to the field to check his players out when they are injuried.

When sports teams, athletes, businesses, and people in general are the best at what they do, I'm the type of person who wants to know the formula for that success.

Every time I study a success story, I find those behind it had a detailed plan, spoke it out loud, lived, ate, breathed, and executed it.

I see that type of person in Butch Jones. He is definitely climbing the mountain. Time will tell how close to the peak he takes us.

G8rntn

Twinshooter said:
Yes, It appears that we do indeed have a Coach that cares about the program and players.
One of the first coaches that I seen that will make the trip to the field to check his players out when they are injuried.

Are you really saying he was the first coach you ever saw go out on the field and check on a player???? LOL wow

G8rntn

Spurhunter said:
Thought I would post this since some of the TNDeer football experts say they aren't hearing anyone talk about Butch Jones and the job he is doing. This is just one example of the compliments he's getting from REAL football experts.

He said the same thing about Spurrier... What did you really think he would say??? LOL

TeamMainStreet

G8rntn said:
Twinshooter said:

Are you really saying he was the first coach you ever saw go out on the field and check on a player???? LOL wow

Dude from Florida got knocked the freak out in the LSU game and where was Muschamp? On the sideline screaming at the rest of his team.

Spurhunter

As usual you can't start a thread here without the florida trolls highjacking it and ruining it. This thread was about Butch Jones and the respect he is getting. Nobody here besides the three trolls gives a rip about Spurrier or florida.

Twinshooter

G8rntn said:
Twinshooter said:

Are you from Florida, Mississippi, alabama, or just plain dumb? As you are so blunt to others, I feel the same to you! Did you not read what I PLAINLY wrote? I said ONE of the First Coaches (plura).
Thanks, and have a wonderful day.

G8rntn

Twinshooter said:
G8rntn said:
Twinshooter said:

Are you from Florida, Mississippi, alabama, or just plain dumb? As you are so blunt to others, I feel the same to you! Did you not read what I PLAINLY wrote? I said ONE of the First Coaches (plura).

You are calling me dumb, Reread your post.

G8rntn

Twinshooter said:
G8rntn said:
Twinshooter said:

And FYI he was NOT one of the FIRST coaches to do that. LOL@YOU
This tells me a lot about how much football you watch. Because a lot of coaches has BEEN doing what you say you just saw with Butch

THEdonkey0515

Spurhunter said:
As usual you can't start a thread here without the florida trolls highjacking it and ruining it. This thread was about Butch Jones and the respect he is getting. Nobody here besides the three trolls gives a rip about Spurrier or florida.
� 1 million

darn2ten

Spurhunter said:
Whoa there partner! I read this post way earlier, didn't feel the need to comment and moved on. I didn't, nor do I ever hijack UT threads. Kind of ironic that you got about 3 people on here that constantly start threads about Florida though, but once again that's ok. Troll....I don't think so! ;)

Hangnail

Today on the radio, Doug Matthews said Gruden and Jones met in Cincinnati while Jay Gruden was OC for the Bengals. Jones would go the Bengals' facility and do what coaches do. That's how they met and have remained friends since.

farmin68

G8rntn said:
Twinshooter said:
[color:#990000]One of the first[/color] coaches that I seen that will make the trip to the field to check his players out when they are injuried.

Read it again, Sparky. I highlighted the key part for you. If you still don't get it, let me know and I'll re-type it real slow just for you.

farmin68

Hangnail said:
Today on the radio, Doug Matthews said Gruden and Jones met in Cincinnati while Jay Gruden was OC for the Bengals. Jones would go the Bengals' facility and do what coaches do. That's how they met and have remained friends since.

Butch is the man and has Gruden's resume on file just in case one of his coordinators leaves.

Spurhunter

darn2ten said:
Spurhunter said:
Whoa there partner! I read this post way earlier, didn't feel the need to comment and moved on. I didn't, nor do I ever hijack UT threads. Kind of ironic that you got about 3 people on here that constantly start threads about Florida though, but once again that's ok. Troll....I don't think so! ;)

First of all, we ain't brothers, we ain't partners, and we ain't friends. Second, the only reason you come to the sports forum is to troll. You know nobody here cares about your opinion on Tennessee, and nobody cares about anything florida. You are strictly here to be a cockleburr. Otherwise, you could be on a florida site talking about your team with your fellow fans.

Latest posts