Jon Gruden back on the Market?

PillsburyDoughboy

Remember this was the coach the vols were drooling over and he constantly trolled them. The Pruitt fiasco and Schiano mattress fires seem pale in comparison if he would have gotten the hire. I can just imagine ...LOL

Displaced_Vol

Dont know why but I think they'll take a run at Stoops. He has the best contract in college football and have no idea if he has higher aspirations but I just feel they'll go after him and Franklin both. Assuming they let go of Coach O which seems like more than a possibility.

PalsPal

No one will give him a look for fear of the backlash.

Concerning O, LSU has $21M reasons why to hold on to him. That's a steep buyout.

I have a feeling that they are stuck with him. Like Fulmer with TN, I don't know why these ADs bend over on these contracts and buyouts. Neither one had any serious offers to bolt. I would have called their bluff.

Gravey

Remember this was the coach the vols were drooling over and he constantly trolled them. The Pruitt fiasco and Schiano mattress fires seem pale in comparison if he would have gotten the hire. I can just imagine ...LOL
I don't know one single Vol fan that ever wanted Gruden and I know a few. His name always got brought up because he was a grad assistant there and his wife went to school there. Otherwise was never in consideration.

Displaced_Vol

I don't know one single Vol fan that ever wanted Gruden and I know a few. His name always got brought up because he was a grad assistant there and his wife went to school there. Otherwise was never in consideration.
This x1000! I'm sure some did and Vol Twitter had fun with playing detective but that's part of Vol Twitter. No fans I regularly talked with thought or seriously wanted him.

PillsburyDoughboy

You need to seriously do your homework then on here and see all the vol fans that were wishing for Gruden.

PillsburyDoughboy

backyardtndeer

Man spoke his mind in emails. Calling names that were VERY common when I was in high school. I likely used some of the same terms more than a time or two when I was young. With the snowflakes now, and having school aged kids, I know better.

He should not have been fired over his emails, my opinion. Much worse has been said by black athletes about white people and about white officers. Nothing happened to any of those athletes, many of who are idolized by kids. Gruden is a good coach, shame that his career was ruined.

wayne

I read the entire thread that you posted, I guess trying to support your claim of doing homework "on here and see all the vol fans that were wishing for Gruden", and found 1 post by a Vol fan. Almost all other mentions of Gruden, in the link you provided, were by GnB.

Gravey

You need to seriously do your homework then on here and see all the vol fans that were wishing for Gruden.
Nope as my life doesn't revolve around that but you'll notice I said I wasn't for it and didn't know anybody that was. Were there some out there that were…Sure there were but it was the minority.
Volnation exploded when Gruden didn't go to Tennessee
If you say so. I get all my Vol info from tndeer where other team fans post it for me. 😂

Latest posts