Jon Boat build

Chickencoop96

So, about this time last spring i began a jon boat build on an old 1974 gamefisher. this was my first time building a boat. I wasnt able to use it much last year at all but this year it is set to go! I'll just let y'all take a gander at her. First pic is when i first bought it.
Screenshot_20210606-212515.png
0606212039_HDR.jpg
0606212039b_HDR.jpg
0606212108.jpg

Attachments

• 0606212040a_HDR.jpg
    0606212040a_HDR.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:

Dbllunger

Very, very nice. Great work. đź‘Ť On your trolling motor bracket if you don't have support under the back part of the bracket it may be something you want to consider. The trolling motor has a tendency to bounce when in rough water or trailering down a rough road. Mine has torn the aluminum mounting plate on my boat to pieces unfortunately.

Chickencoop96

Very, very nice. Great work. đź‘Ť On your trolling motor bracket if you don't have support under the back part of the bracket it may be something you want to consider. The trolling motor has a tendency to bounce when in rough water or trailering down a rough road. Mine has torn the aluminum mounting plate on my boat to pieces unfortunately.
These pictures were taken last year, i have since put a wood block under the trolling motor for that very reason, and thank you!

Chickencoop96

As soon as the move is over I'm sure I'll be leaning on you and others here on how to set up a John boat!
Sweet boat!
How much have you spent on it not including boat/trailer/motor..?
I definitely can help. I went a little overkill on new stuff, so i spent a bit extra. i also had to have some welding done. but not including boat, motor, and trailer, i have a little over 2k in it. the wiring and wood was the most expensive part for me. but you definitely don't have to spend as much as i did. I did it all over the course of about 6-8 months. It was a perfect project because i only paid 800 for the boat/motor/trailer. The trailer is my next project LMAO

Chickencoop96

Sweet boat!! If you haven't done so yet you need that bow stop above your handle/bow eye where you connect that winch.
Sweet boat!! If you haven't done so yet you need that bow stop above your handle/bow eye where you connect that winch.
thanks! i plan on re doing the whole trailer here soon lol shes had a few rough days lol

Latest posts