Jon boat accessories

Snowwolfe

Finally got our 18 foot Lowe jon boat in the water to chase some fish yesterday. The lake were we use it is electric motor only. I would like to add some rod holders and mount them on the gunnels, two rods on each side. Would also like to add a inexpensive depth/fish finder. So will need some type of mount and power source for it. Would also use the battery to operate a aerator pump for the fish well. The boat does not have a console. So battery would have to last at most 8 hours.
Any suggestions for products to use?
Thanks

TNCharlie

Garmin Striker 4 fish finder.

Downeast Rod holders.

I suggest that you always have a second fully charged battery on board.

TNCharlie

Snowwolfe":35lzbo0g said:
Guess the rod holders will take some explaining. Looking for something that will hold 2 rods on each side on the gunnel when they are NOT being used for fishing.

Ah, Ha! Took me a couple of tries to get the search right. Go to walmart.com or basspro.com or other site you like and search for "fishing rod mounts". You will find lots of choices.

ronnycl

i suggest a 24v trolling motor...hands free with remote changed my life! it would require 2 batteries i recommend optima blut top. Monster rod holders. Lowrance elite 7 hdi...

Snowwolfe

The 12 volt motor works fine. We spent over 4 hours on the lake cruising the entire perimeter and the battery was still at 40% when we got home. And this was pushing the boat into the wind most of the time.

There is a plain metal box that is a bait/live well. It holds 20 gallons. If I wanted to keep fish alive for a few hours would I need to add an aerator system? Or just remove and add water occasionally?

Looked at a bunch of rod holders and most had foam that would deteriorate from the UV rays. Decided to add two of these to one side and go from there.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081K ... UTF8&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Snowwolfe

Bucket":2d53lgue said:
Your boat sounds a lot like mine. This is the rod holders I use and they work great:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B003DK2NWM/ ... LEbZZB311V

I have a metal "livewell" area as well, but I just use it as storage because any fish I keep go on ice. I don't tournament fish or anything and fish on ice clean easier for me anyway.

I think you are correct. Its just a metal box. I doubt it would stay cool enough to keep fish alive. Think I am just going to use it for wet storage.

Snowwolfe

Ordered a Garmin fish/depth finder GPS with a 5 inch screen. Going to connect it to the 12 volt battery the trolling motor uses and see if it has enough power for the motor and FF all day. If not I'll add a small dedicated 12 volt battery 10/12 amps just for it.

MickThompson

Bucket":3qp26mfp said:
Your boat sounds a lot like mine. This is the rod holders I use and they work great:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B003DK2NWM/ ... LEbZZB311V

I have a metal "livewell" area as well, but I just use it as storage because any fish I keep go on ice. I don't tournament fish or anything and fish on ice clean easier for me anyway.

You could always plumb it to pump fresh water in. Much better than an aeration system.

Latest posts