Jimbo gonna regret this

TNReb

"Coach Saban's statement was a blatant violation of SEC bylaws regarding sportsmanship. More significantly, without citing any facts to support his statement, Coach Saban is accusing every, single player in Texas A&M's recruiting class and current football team of violating NCAA NIL guidelines and Texas state law."

They're defeating their own argument. Saban never said they did anything to violate guidelines or laws (unless I missed something). He said they used the system to get their players. He was making a statement that the new system is heading in a bad direction.

PillsburyDoughboy

They're defeating their own argument. Saban never said they did anything to violate guidelines or laws (unless I missed something). He said they used the system to get their players. He was making a statement that the new system is heading in a bad direction.
Well Said. I think this is something the haters seem to keep missing point on.

PalsPal

And the homers keep missing the point that he CALLED A&M BY NAME :D !

Had he said it generically, there would have been no issues. But his little ego was bruised, so he lashed out, and showed his true colors! The aftermath has been entertaining.

"I mean, we were second in recruiting last year," Saban told the audience. "A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team

Trey13

He didn't say it that way. He said A&Am bought everyone of their players.

TNReb

He didn't say it that way. He said A&Am bought everyone of their players.
Go read (or listen to) his other statements - not just one. He clarified what he meant. Even just the statement "they bought every one of their players" isn't really slander. They practically did.

Gravey

Go read (or listen to) his other statements - not just one. He clarified what he meant. Even just the statement "they bought every one of their players" isn't really slander. They practically did.
GIF by LoveIndieFilms

😝😂

TNReb

Ok so he clarified after he said his original statement. Gotcha 😂
Saban's original statement was:

"A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image, and likeness. We didn't buy one player. But I don't know if we will be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it."

He said they made a deal for name, image, and likeness. He didn't say they paid players illegally. He shouldn't have had to explain it. A&M got butt hurt because Saban pointed out the truth - that they used the new system to its fullest and would not have had such a recruiting class without it.

I'm not an Alabama fan - but I agree with Saban on this one.

This situation we're discussing is no different than political news coverage. CNN blames the right for something they said, without the full context. Fox does the same to the left.

Latest posts