jerky recipes

Mag

2-Step Enabled
would like to see some of your recipes for prepping the venison to make jerky....

imgettingold

Cut into thinner strips. soak in "Dales" just long enough to get the meat covered. Lay on dehydrator and put garlic powder and red pepper. Let dehydrate. My kids eat it so fast i cant bag it

KANATI McD

Tried a bunch of recipes. Some where ok and some just sucked. The best was marinated with Allegro ( original) and sprinkled with red pepper.
I make all my jerky now, with ground meat and Lems Backwoods seasoning (original) add an ounce of soy sauce per pound of meat. Hard to beat

2013-01-12_12-35-20_342.jpg

2013-01-12_20-06-14_838.jpg

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I found one from an old thread and it's marinating now. Will begin dehydrating in the morning. May do the Dales one next.

SALTMAN

At the suggestion of a friend out west I ordered two different varieties from HIGH COUNTRY seasonings. Did a whole deer in their 3 pepper , have tried a lot of recipes in the last 40yrs or so . This is the best ever. Also did the ground and used the jerky gun. Easier on the old teeth,,, can,t wait to try the spicy mix. Need another neighborhood doe to volunteer !

Mike Belt

3 pounds venison cut into 3/8" strips

Marinade:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
2 tsp MSG (Accent meat tenderizer)
2 tsp seasoned salt
2 tsp onion powder
2/3 tsp garlic powder
2/3 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients for marinating. Pour over venison and marinate overnight (turning meat a couple of times). Make sure there's enough marinade to cover meat.

I toothepick the ends so that I can hang the strips vertically from the racks in my oven and cook 6-8 hours at 150 degrees with the oven door barely propped open. Be sure to line the bottom of the oven with aluminum foil. The drippings make a mess. You can also add red peppers, etc. to the recipe to spice it up a little.

feisty red head

SALTMAN said:
At the suggestion of a friend out west I ordered two different varieties from HIGH COUNTRY seasonings. Did a whole deer in their 3 pepper , have tried a lot of recipes in the last 40yrs or so . This is the best ever. Also did the ground and used the jerky gun. Easier on the old teeth,,, can,t wait to try the spicy mix. Need another neighborhood doe to volunteer !
That is all Ben uses can't beat it

redblood

KANATI McD said:
Tried a bunch of recipes. Some where ok and some just sucked. The best was marinated with Allegro ( original) and sprinkled with red pepper.
I make all my jerky now, with ground meat and Lems Backwoods seasoning (original) add an ounce of soy sauce per pound of meat. Hard to beat

2013-01-12_12-35-20_342.jpg

2013-01-12_20-06-14_838.jpg

looks amazing

Latest posts