Jake or Tom?

Bone Collector

I got these pictures today. I think it's the same bird. The first pic looks like it may be a Tom but the second looks like it's a Jake. 5C7C9138-369D-4A0D-99EB-D36E2DF4F549.jpeg
64131F2C-FDC3-411F-A382-64C1FAB86C60.jpeg

casjoker

Pure guess based on very limited turkey hunting experience but without seeing its fan I think it would be hard to say for sure. I would lean more towards tom just based on the length of its beard.

Bone Collector

I'd shoot him unless it was private property an I was confident there were other toms in the area.
It's private and we used to have a lot of turkeys, now they just pass through from Time to time.
The old cow farm next to me sold and they built a brewery right where the traditional roost trees were. Birds got scattered. Their in the area, but they used to congregate... not so much anymore

woodsman04

Adult gobbler. Look at his chest depth and his covert wing feathers. The bronze/brown/black colored feathers that cover his flight feathers a few inches. Jakes will be half that size and sometimes in a jagged irregular pattern. Adults are long and a very smooth curve shape.

Latest posts