Jackson Tn State Fairgrounds

Jrgtwocreek

IIs it against the law to Metal Detect on the Fair Grounds property ? I read the history on the Fairs. The first fair held there was in the mid 1800's .. I bet you could find some nice old coins. I'm staying here in a motor home for the dog show. I've found a area with a lot of old broken glass . Gives me the idea there were old homes but I have not read anything about homes.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
No idea about Jackson. When I 1st started detecting in the Nashville area years ago. My job was in the fairgrounds area. You could metal detect but no digging. I picked up a fair piece of change in the parking lot and in the area where the Old Roller coaster was.

DeerCamp

IIs it against the law to Metal Detect on the Fair Grounds property ? I read the history on the Fairs. The first fair held there was in the mid 1800's .. I bet you could find some nice old coins. I'm staying here in a motor home for the dog show. I've found a area with a lot of old broken glass . Gives me the idea there were old homes but I have not read anything about homes.
It's definitely the city of jackson.

1711457986305.png

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I just called and talked to the secretary there. It is legal for you to detect there, and they don't mind if you dig to see what you might have a hit on, but you do need to fill in your holes afterwards. She did say that you would come closer to finding stuff after the West TN State Fair, or some of the bigger outdoor events like the flea markets(at least on the fairgrounds as a whole. Those may not have been old homes, but could have been fixed structure concession areas, older fair/exhibit buildings, or any number of other structures.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
The old Iselin Rail yard(superfund site) is behind and adjacent to the Fairgrounds and the Danny Oliver Wetlands tract is adjacent to the two. TWRA is in charge of the wetlands, not sure if anything is allowed on that property, but it is considered public land(and huntable outside of the safety zones)

Latest posts