Its a great morning to.......................

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Sleep in! LOL
I got up at 3, dry street. Drank my coffee and fixed breakfast for me and the dog then the bottom dropped... chill with wifey and dog today, go after them in the morning.
Yesterday in the rain that wasn't supposed to happen I screwed up and shot over a gobbler.... what's that white thing flying way up there I asked myself...my reply the plastic wad DA!

cbhunter

I got up at 3, dry street. Drank my coffee and fixed breakfast for me and the dog then the bottom dropped... chill with wifey and dog today, go after them in the morning.
Yesterday in the rain that wasn't supposed to happen I screwed up and shot over a gobbler.... what's that white thing flying way up there I asked myself...my reply the plastic wad DA!
It happens man. You started out on a strong note in your first season. Mistakes are unavoidable at times. Now that we got that out of the way....how far was he for kicks and giggles? Lol

Huntaholic

Fill that last tag
Why rush? The last few years Ive quit that crap. Used to be, if I wasn't done by the following Sunday after opener, something was bad wrong. I don't have anything to prove anymore. lol.
Another thing that factors into how fast I want to be done is whether Im hunting any other states or not. For several years I would hunt 5 states a spring: FL, TN, KY, KS, NE, with NM and MI thrown in, sometimes killing a limit in all of them.
Lives change, people change, and Ive lost all the buddies that used to do these things with me.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
It happens man. You started out on a strong note in your first season. Mistakes are unavoidable at times. Now that we got that out of the way....how far was he for kicks and giggles? Lol
I got in a hurry on the shot, also forgot to remove the sling, bead was completely blocked.. I kicked myself in the butt but it was a great hunt. Had a gobbler to my left. One in front of me and one behind me. The one in front of me was the farthest off I'm guessing several hundred yards away down in the bottom of the valley. With my yugoty yelps and clucks he was on me in a few minutes and I forgot patience and preparation! I'm avoiding that spot till next Friday. Trying another one in the morning.

cbhunter

I got in a hurry on the shot, also forgot to remove the sling, bead was completely blocked.. I kicked myself in the butt but it was a great hunt. Had a gobbler to my left. One in front of me and one behind me. The one in front of me was the farthest off I'm guessing several hundred yards away down in the bottom of the valley. With my ****ty yelps and clucks he was on me in a few minutes and I forgot patience and preparation! I'm avoiding that spot till next Friday. Trying another one in the morning.
Sometimes the worst calls work. And sometimes a real live hen sounds worse than my worst calls

Gravey

Wife and I were gonna go down to the lease and camp last night then hunt today. After seeing 100% rain forecast we stayed home and having a lazy day together. Only been in the woods one morning so hopefully make it a couple more times. Being an hour and a half away makes it harder to sneak some hunts in.

Rakkin6

Yeah just chilled today, people may knock this but I do not hunt in the rain. I HATE the rain after 23 years in the Army and laying in the mud and sleeping in the rain for days on end I will not get out in it. I won't even fish in a covered shelter and drink beer in the rain lol.

Setterman

Yeah just chilled today, people may knock this but I do not hunt in the rain. I HATE the rain after 23 years in the Army and laying in the mud and sleeping in the rain for days on end I will not get out in it. I won't even fish in a covered shelter and drink beer in the rain lol.
I was never in the service but used to hunt any day I could. A few years ago I made the decision that I will not knowingly hunt on crap weather days. Sure you can kill them on days like today, but lifes too short to be miserable, wet, cold, etc. I pick and choose my days based on what I like the best.

Rakkin6

I was never in the service but used to hunt any day I could. A few years ago I made the decision that I will not knowingly hunt on crap weather days. Sure you can kill them on days like today, but lifes too short to be miserable, wet, cold, etc. I pick and choose my days based on what I like the best.
Yeah and the wife likes it also, she can't say we don't spend time together during hunting season lol. Win win situation