Is this the same deer??

slabhead

Here are pictures from last year and this year, same spot, looks to be the same deer. We had pictures the year before last but I can't find them now. I think this is the same buck with same rack for 3 years. Never seen it during daylight. What do you think, same deer? If so, is he always going to be about this size?

Attachments

• IMG_20212.JPG
    IMG_20212.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2021.JPG
    IMG_2021.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1811.JPEG
    IMG_1811.JPEG
    60.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1810.JPEG
    IMG_1810.JPEG
    60.3 KB · Views: 81

BSK

Yup, and that's as good as he's going to get. Actually may have declined some.

Some bucks just don't have it. To have a top-end, you also have to have a bottom-end.

BSK

Having watched via trail-cam hundreds and hundreds of TN bucks "grow up," what I've noticed about watching bucks over their lifespan is 1) Big mature bucks usually start as big younger bucks. In that, I mean most big mature bucks were well above average bucks when they were 2 1/2. Now that's not always the case but is true in the majority of cases. 2) The few "average" middle-aged bucks that suddenly explode at maturity are unpredictable. You can't look at them and say, "Yeah, he's going to be the one." 3) Only very, very rarely do very low-end middle-aged bucks turn into something great at maturity. If they have a crap rack at 2 1/2 or 3 1/2, odds are very, VERY high they will have a crap rack at maturity.