Is this an indian tool, in your opinion???

GOHUNT

I found this recently along the Holston River in Hawkins county. I was really looking for artifacts, but it just caught my eye. One side is very flat while the other sided is smooth and nicely tapered off all the way around down to that flat side. I guess it could be some kind of hand tool. It just looks too "finished" to not be some kind of tool, IMO.
100_6614.jpg

100_6617.jpg

100_6619.jpg

100_6616.jpg

100_6621.jpg

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
My Non-expert opinon is it is rounded and shaped by water and not human hands. Most tools would be made of flint and show signs of being shaped by flaking. Cool looking rock.

Jason Eldridge

Looks kinda like a old indian putter that the handle has come off after time :) It is cool, and I know nothing about this stuff to have any knowledge but find all of this stuff VERY interesting and keep an eye on everyones finds. I would have kept it too, sure looks like it could have been something to me too.

GOHUNT

Jason Eldridge said:
Looks kinda like a old indian putter that the handle has come off after time :) It is cool, and I know nothing about this stuff to have any knowledge but find all of this stuff VERY interesting and keep an eye on everyones finds. I would have kept it too, sure looks like it could have been something to me too.

I thought the same thing, about the putter! Thought maybe this was the putter that went with those gaming balls those middle TN guys show...strap it to a piece of river cane and whack away!

Latest posts