Is LSU legit?

PalsPal

I have to admit that I know little about them, but they are getting a lot of love this preseason.

Georgia pounded them in the SEC champ game, and they had lost prior to that to A&M.

Is the Bama win the main reason, or are they returning a bunch of starters or what?

wayne

I think they are. Very good at qb. Good defense. And I think Brian Kelly is a better coach than people give him credit.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Remember, UGA was pantsing them in the SECCG when they had their injured starter in the game. When the healthy backup came in they started to move the ball in big chunks and score. UGA had taken their foot off of the gas a bit at that point, but LSU was still trying to make a game of it. They have some playmakers, and as much as I can't stand Kelly, he is a good coach.

LSU returns both QBs this year, and they dipped into the portal for some more playmakers. They also return quite a bit of talent all around the field, and are in their second season under the Kelly regime. That means that the experienced players should be playing more instinctively.

How good will they be? Who knows? That's why they play the games. The same can be said for UGA, UT, UA, and anyone else.

bowhunterfanatic

I think they'll go 11-1 or 10-2. Kelly is a decent coach. They have a solid QB. And they have Harold Perkins. I think he will easily be the best defender in college football this coming season if he stays healthy.

Displaced_Vol

Hard to deny the talent level but they didn't bring it on a consistent basis last season. They've got a lot of that talent coming back. I know Bammers are oozing with talent everywhere but this is the first year they're not bringing a solid heisman candidate out to run the show at QB so does that give LSU more opportunity in the west? I don't know. A&M is a huge unknown. But if those two don't have it it should be LSU's to lose, no?

I just can't figure Kelly out. He may well be a better than most football coach but he's also seems fake and that eventually catches up to people.