Iowa

Mescalero

Knew this would happen. Iowa has a great D, but it couldn't generate 4 TOs, incl pick sixes, and the offense is …… very much Iowa.

So, Alabama dropped 4 spots losing to a 3-2 unranked team. Anyone care to speculate how far Iowa drops losing to a 3-2 unranked team?

iowavf

Iowa was no #5 team let alone #2. I'd say in the top 12 maybe, but not as low as they had them. Yesterday looked bad on both sides of the ball! Hopefully with a by week coming up they regroup and win a couple more games.

Mescalero

Iowa was no #5 team let alone #2. I'd say in the top 12 maybe, but not as low as they had them. Yesterday looked bad on both sides of the ball! Hopefully with a by week coming up they regroup and win a couple more games.
Thankfully, these polls don't matter, but I can't help but laugh incredulously seeing how Iowa falls 9 spots after losing to an unranked 3-2 team (that is now ranked #25) and behind PSU! But that other team just means more.

Iowa's problem is an average at best offense that can't drive the field consistently. The Hawk's
O needs the D to generate points and short fields. When that doesn't happen, it will be tough.

David Bell was the best player on either side of the ball for either team. I can't imagine what he'll do in the NFL with a good QB.

iowavf

I agree. Probably closer to were they should be, but ya what heck after seeing other teams rated after loosing! That's why I don't put a lot of faith in the poles and would rather see the teams play.

Zulu

Thankfully, these polls don't matter, but I can't help but laugh incredulously seeing how Iowa falls 9 spots after losing to an unranked 3-2 team (that is now ranked #25) and behind PSU! But that other team just means more.
That's a little bit of an apples-to-oranges comparison.
I was surprised Bama only dropped 4 spots (I expected more like 6), let's look at some factors:

Alabama is a known powerhouse program, while Iowa was a somewhat suspect Cinderella.
Alabama lost by 3 on a last second FG; Purdue won by 17 and dominated most of the game.
Kyle Field is one of the most challenging venues for visitors in college football. Iowa lost at home.
A&M is loaded with talent, but is having an underperforming year. Purdue had a few bright spots, but nowhere near the overall talent level.

As you said, these polls don't matter, but I can at least somewhat see where the pollsters might be coming from. We'll see what the REAL pollsters say after next week.

Mescalero

I was surprised Bama only dropped 4 spots (I expected more like 6), let's look at some factors:

Alabama is a known powerhouse program, while Iowa was a somewhat suspect Cinderella.
Alabama lost by 3 on a last second FG; Purdue won by 17 and dominated most of the game.
Kyle Field is one of the most challenging venues for visitors in college football. Iowa lost at home.
A&M is loaded with talent, but is having an underperforming year. Purdue had a few bright spots, but nowhere near the overall talent level.

As you said, these polls don't matter, but I can at least somewhat see where the pollsters might be coming from. We'll see what the REAL pollsters say after next week.
G

i listened to an interview of ESECPN's employee Adam Rittenberg yesterday. That's where the @pollsters come from.

Latest posts