Iowa draw

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Point 2 for me this year. Still not sure what zone to hunt. Last time i went in last 2008, I hunted western Iowa. I hardly seen a deer in 10 days of hunting. Like to try the east side next time.

iowavf

I think zone 3 could be a tough place. Either need to be by the river, maybe north of Omaha or towards the south end by Glenwood Iowa. I'm lucky my brother bought 65 acres right in the middle of some great hunting in Eastern Pot county. Matter of fact Babe Winkleman filmed a couple hunts there back in the day. SE Iowa is more rolling hills and not as much tilla ble farm land with lots of cover. Tough part is a lot of out of state people along with locals have the area locked down. not a lot of good hunting sights for Iowa like TNN Deer, but will help is needed?

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
I think zone 3 could be a tough place. Either need to be by the river, maybe north of Omaha or towards the south end by Glenwood Iowa. I'm lucky my brother bought 65 acres right in the middle of some great hunting in Eastern Pot county. Matter of fact Babe Winkleman filmed a couple hunts there back in the day. SE Iowa is more rolling hills and not as much tilla ble farm land with lots of cover. Tough part is a lot of out of state people along with locals have the area locked down. not a lot of good hunting sights for Iowa like TNN Deer, but will help is needed?
I hunted between I29 & I80 northeast of council Bluff. I flew into Omaha then drove over the sand hills. Wish I could remember this small town we hunted in. I would be public land hunting when I come. any recommending zones with good public land?

gcharlton

I drew a a first shotgun season tag last year. That was a circus. It's definitely not like what you see in the movies. Hold out for a bow tag. Gun season is a war zone. I saw more deer sign in one day than I did all season combined in Tennessee. I just couldn't get over the amount of hunting pressure and how many deer drives were going on at the same time. I have no idea how any deer survive the season up there. I am fairly certain the Iowa gun season is what caused the ammo shortage. LOL Good luck guys. I just bought my priority point.

elknturkey

I bought another point to give me 5. Hoping to draw a turkey tag in the spring cause I can for sure draw a deer tag. Hunted it in 2017 and it was amazing

Latest posts