Interesting article from a Gator web site!

PalsPal

And, oddly enough, I agree with it :) !

Win-Win for Florida/Tennessee
Kirby is basically a clone of Muschpoop, but without head coaching experience.

We know nothing about him as a coach except that Alabama was loaded with 5-stars and that defense was a priority for Saban. Muschpoop has more pedigree as a defensive coach because he did it at LSU, Auburn, Texas and at Florida. Of all the "defensive" hires, he's clearly the most seasoned. It goes Muschpoop, Kirby, Odom and 2/3 have zero head-coaching experience and no offensive philosophies so far. Actually, all three of them have no offensive philosophies so far.

So what happens with team personnel with coaches who are clones of each other and a couple who are not? Until Kirby can get an identity post-Saban, he'll struggle. This is exacerbated by him not being available to hit the recruiting trail until January because of his obligations to coach Alabama through the playoffs. Muschpoop already has boots on the ground. That article is just spin at this point.

Say what you want about Butch Jones, he actually is building a good team in Knoxville. They were fourth-quarter collapses away from beating Oklahama and Alabama, both of whom are in the playoffs. They also should have beat Florida and gone to the SEC Championship game. They are a few players away from being dominant (and I do not like Tennessee at all).

Both Jim McElwain and Jones are offensive guys (spare the judgement on this year, we had a 5'8" read-option guy struggling to run his pro-style offense and an offensive line with only 2 upper classman). The big winners in the SEC East are Florida and Tennessee. Both teams have nearly an automatic 3 wins next season against the SEC, probably 4-5 automatic wins with Kentucky and Vandy mixed in, for at least the foreseeable future.

Wrangler95

He sure was honest and I also agree with what he said,especially the comment on the Vols should have been in the SECCG,most sensible Gator in the house

gator-n-buck

Wrangler95":1b7jiy9o said:
He sure was honest and I also agree with what he said,especially the comment on the Vols should have been in the SECCG,most sensible Gator in the house

There's this system set up where that the team, that wins the SEC Eastern Division Title gets to go on and play in the SECCG.... :)

I'm not sure how the Vols should of been there if they couldn't win the Eastern Division??? :shock:

smalljawbasser

I agree as well. As much as I detest the gators, they appear to have gotten a good coach that will be a formidable rival if he can recruit in the south.

Smart might be the best coach in this history of football, but I bet he won't be next year, or the year after that. If I was a UGA fan I would still be vomiting. I didn't even agree with firing fulmer, and he had a much worse slide (IIRC) than richt did.

USC's position is a little different. They aren't in the same position as UGA in my mind (they didn't fire a beloved and successful coach) and muschamp at least has some head coaching experience. They don't have near as much to loose as UGA.

Wrangler95

gator-n-buck":276hg1bp said:
Wrangler95":276hg1bp said:

There's this system set up where that the team, that wins the SEC Eastern Division Title gets to go on and play in the SECCG.... :)

I'm not sure how the Vols should of been there if they couldn't win the Eastern Division??? :shock:

The key word here is should have,as in should have beat the Gators.Let's see,Gators had to complete four,4th down passes to just stay in the game :rotf:

gator-n-buck

Wrangler95":32gzrsef said:
gator-n-buck":32gzrsef said:
Wrangler95":32gzrsef said:

The key word here is should have,as in should have beat the Gators.Let's see,Gators had to complete four,4th down passes to just stay in the game :rotf:

If you want to, we will let you pretend in your own lil world that the Vols beat the Gators. Heck, if ND fans can do it, I see no reason why you can't....... :rotf:

Latest posts