Installer

bluball

Flew to Orlando,FL bak in Jan for a dealer show and nema training.Yesterday I got my certificate saying ipassed the course in.It is just the basic nema certification, but I'm sure there will be more training classes soon.The shop actually has to certified installers now.
20240212-175014.jpg

TNReb

Congrats!

You're the closest we have to an expert on this forum.. so I've got a question. :)

There's a project I was looking at a while back, but gave up on the idea. I was thinking about getting back in to it this winter when I didn't have much else to do, but work got very busy and the last thing I wanted to do was spend more time writing code on a computer.

Theoretically speaking.. if a man took a NMEA 2000 adapter and plugged it in to a computer.. could he use something like Raspberry Pi to intercept any NMEA data... then send that NMEA data to other units of a different brand?

Example.. someone has both Lowrance and Humminbird units on their boat. I was looking for a way to grab the data from the Humminbird line and send it on the Lowrance line (or vice versa). So when you created a waypoint on one map, it could appear on another.

I'm surprised nobody has done this yet...

bluball

Not 100% sure but i bet you cant do it.You may could have a box with info from a device your using with the coordinates,but not on the map itself.That would be a good question for a master nema tech,that will be down the road if I stay in this field of work.

Latest posts