In the ground!

catman529

I finally got 95% of stuff in the ground out at the church community garden. There is a bit of open space on the far left of my plot that I may want to put something in, but so far I got these planted..

24 tomato plants on the right (all heirloom varieties).

Green flesh honeydew, cantaloupe (Sierra Gold and Gurney Giant), cucumbers (Spacemaster 80), eggplant, hot peppers (cayenne, habanero, black pearl), okra (Emerald), sunflowers (Mammoth) on the left side of the pic. Genovese basil planted among some of the plants.

227638_1948258260388_1060508090_2289512_1186296_n.jpg

Everything is looking good so far, I think. I got to pick out weeds from between the strips of weed fabric, but it's pretty low maintenance so I can't complain.

catman529

Jon said:
Is there any stretch to the weed cover? If so i would take some nails and pin those gaps closed.

No stretch, it is the woven recycled plastic type that will let rain through. Unfortunately lets sun through enough for the weeds to grow a little under the fabric, but my walking and plants growing will trample and shade out the weeds under the fabric.

I got staples and rocks holding the tarp down and spaded dirt over the edges around the entire perimeter of the plot.