In regards to "distance from a house".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Slayer

You mention reckless endangerment in regards to Marlin 444's question. So what is the end answer exactly? How many feet from a house do you need to be? Also in when I was in my Hunter education class some 20 years ago the man that taught it told us that if an animal that you shot crossed over onto someone else's land that you had a legal right to retrieve that animal. Please clarify that because up until now I have always assumed that he was correct

Coyote Slayer

He said that when we shot that animal it was like the animal became our property and If the landowner kept the animal from us or kept us from retrieving it then it would be like stealing

BlackEagle1

If an animal you shoot crossed onto someone else's property you must have permission from that landowner to continue onto his property.

scn

Coyote Slayer":74u9fzdk said:
You mention reckless endangerment in regards to Marlin 444's question. So what is the end answer exactly? How many feet from a house do you need to be? Also in when I was in my Hunter education class some 20 years ago the man that taught it told us that if an animal that you shot crossed over onto someone else's land that you had a legal right to retrieve that animal. Please clarify that because up until now I have always assumed that he was correct

He was 100% wrong on the retrieving the animal. You must have a landowner's permission to go on their property to retrieve either an animal you have shot or a hunting dog.

The only distance requirement is if you are hunting on PUBLIC LAND, you must be 100 yds from a visible dwelling house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts