Food Plots Imox/pemex

eyeseeker

When is the best time for spraying imox on clover plots? Last year I sprayed mid May and I believe that may have been too late. What have y'all had success with ?

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Would be almost a miracle herbicide if in fact it controls grasses, broadleaf & nutsedge in clover at 6oz per acre
Agreed.
I have no experience with the product but have read the label and am willing to give it a shot. I have a problem plot where grasses, sedge, wild mustard and other warmer season broadleaf weeds just don't give up..

eyeseeker

Last year it only seemed to kill the weeds that were small(early growth stages) and just suppressed the rest. In a more close reading of the instructions it repeatedly states that weeds must be treated early for control, so this year I will try to get them sprayed in the next week or two. I think I may intentionally miss some strips or corners so that I can compare effectiveness.

tellico4x4

Have nutsedge in some clover plots that I just can't get a handle on with Basagran or similar. Just ordered 1 gallon of Pemex & 7.5 gallons of Nitro Surf to try. At the 6 oz per acre rate, that should be enough to do 21 acres, which comes out to $18/acre. If it knocks back the nutsedge I'll be tickled, if it does what is claimed and takes care of broadleaf & grasses too, I'll be over the moon!

Know that there is drift concerns but nothing for miles but pine trees. Long-term residual too, but hope that helps with keeping weeds at bay. This clover was redone in 2022 so long-term residual not an issue. Can only use once a year, but have plenty of other herbicide if I need to do some spot spraying.

Mowed 5 plots this weekend as the nutsedge was taller than the clover. Will give it a try in 7-10 days 🤞🤞

Last edited:

megalomaniac

Have nutsedge in some clover plots that I just can't get a handle on with Basagran or similar. Just ordered 1 gallon of Pemex & 7.5 gallons of Nitro Surf to try. At the 6 oz per acre rate, that should be enough to do 21 acres, which comes out to $18/acre. If it knocks back the nutsedge I'll be tickled, if is does what is claimed and takes care of broadleaf & grasses too, I'll be over the moon!

Know that there is drift concerns but nothing for miles but pine trees. Long-term residual too, but hope that helps with keeping weeds at bay. This clover was redone in 2022 so long-term residual not an issue. Can only use once a year, but have plenty of other herbicide if I need to do some spot spraying.

Mowed 5 plots this weekend as the nutsedge was taller than the clover. Will give it a try in 7-10 days 🤞🤞
let us know!!!!

Latest posts