Illegal Ducks.

John.M

Greens are not legal to shoot. Nor are cormorants. Neither are considered ducks, but are rather waterfowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rukiddin

A harlequin is about the only duck I could think of but chances of ever seeing one in TN are slim to none.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Well I had to ask in the TWRA forum.

"I'm not aware of any DUCKS that you would see in TN that are off limits.

There are a wide variety of water birds that you see swimming around in TN waters that are illegal to shoot."

So there ya go, if it walks like a duck & sounds like a duck, kill it. :)

TN Whitetail Freak

RUGER":2r5717qt said:
Well I had to ask in the TWRA forum.

"I'm not aware of any DUCKS that you would see in TN that are off limits.

There are a wide variety of water birds that you see swimming around in TN waters that are illegal to shoot."

So there ya go, if it walks like a duck & sounds like a duck, kill it. :)

Well a guy that took me to reelfoot thought he killed "That federally protected" duck. I couldn't find anything on it thus reasons I posted here. Said it was a brown duckbut idk my ducks having only been 6 times and never shot a duck yet

Southern Sportsman

Not this year. But there have been seasons in recent memory where canvasbacks were protected. And I can remember seasons in which you could only kill pintails within certain dates. They will make special regulations for certain species at times if hatch numbers are too low.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Southern Sportsman":3h3d1msy said:
Not this year. But there have been seasons in recent memory where canvasbacks were protected. And I can remember seasons in which you could only kill pintails within certain dates. They will make special regulations for certain species at times if hatch numbers are too low.

I noticed this year they dropped the pintail back down to 1 per day but left the canvas backs at 2.

Latest posts