If you had to choose?

Falconi

I moved here from Vegas 3 months ago. I'm outside of Columbia in Maury county. I only have 5 acres but there's a lot of undeveloped land around me. Be prepared for sticker shock on land and housing. My TN property is worth more than my Vegas house. It doesn't seem to have been much affected by the interest rates. I'm down 12% on my Vegas house since June. The TN house is up 5% in the same time period.

Gravey

:D😂🤣
092F0654-1FEE-44C8-A9B1-67C8A78AD80B.jpeg

Been in middle Tennessee my whole life and love it. Plenty of deer. If I had to move anywhere else it would be east TN near the mountains and a lake. Prettiest part of the state but less deer.

mike243

I have lived in Anderson county for the last 47 years, I like it fine or would have moved, hunted all over Tn and didn't find no place I didn't like, been in a few dang spots I wished I hadn't went to but young and athletic gets you into some places lol . Did'nt much care for Ft Gorden Ga back in the 90's but I survived 🤣

7mm08

My family will be moving to Tennessee from Alaska here soon and we haven't settled on an area in tennessee yet, so my question is if I were wanting to buy a piece of land with a good chance for deer if you had to choose eastern, western, northern, southern, or middle which would it be? And what kind of land features and minimum size of property should I be looking for? Will be completely new to whitetail Hunting. Thank you in advance
Is there a need for possible future medical care beyond killing deer? But on second thought if you're from AK you are use to not having tertiary care close by……. And not to many float planes. Bird evacs are $25-30k

Huntaholic

Mainly to put a house on but also with the chance for some deer hunting on the land as well. I will still be working. Seems to be East tennessee is prettier with harder hunting which doesn't bother me...being from alaska its what I'm used to! We have been primarily looking inbetween knoxville Johnson city and around Nashville to the west and north.
As a well travelled and lifelong resident of TN, your focus area skipped right over the best parts of the whole state. Theres a reason those east TN folks lease up all the land they can find NOBODY goes to west TN to turkey hunt either, they all come here. Here being Putnam, Jackson, Smith, Trousdale, Clay and Overton counties. But hey, keep listening to these guys and buy wherever you want!

killingtime 41

Not near as many deer in east TN. And land prices are through the roof. As thousands of people from up north and several other states have drove the price in really unbelievable territory last few years. Not that long ago it was very affordable. So I'd say west Tn. East Tn is full and expensive in my honest opinion. And don't let the no state income tax persuade you of moving here. Do your homework before you move. Do some comparing of other states. No matter state income or not. Cause once you move the vacation is over.

SSlater

I have lived in Anderson county for the last 47 years, I like it fine or would have moved, hunted all over Tn and didn't find no place I didn't like, been in a few dang spots I wished I hadn't went to but young and athletic gets you into some places lol . Did'nt much care for Ft Gorden Ga back in the 90's but I survived 🤣
There's some big bucks up there in Anderson county.

Latest posts