Idaho double beard

kevin mays

We've had a heck of yr this season.
My son has been on a mission to kill one in every state and decided to head west to Idaho this week for the long weekend.
He had a friend who is a non hunter in Idaho and said come stay w me and try your luck.
Friday he put in about 15 mi on some public ground and had a chance to shoot 2 different birds that had 6-7 in beards and about 10 different jakes.

He spotted a long beard and roosted it at dark yesterday:

Today he set up on the long beard and at fly down he pitched right below him made a half circle and came strutting right in.

It was over just like that.

The bird was double bearded 2 nice beards at that

Mark Idaho off the list
He also did
Fl Ga Nc Sc tn Oh
I think he's killed 12
9 w a 410
And called in 5 more that got killed

IMG_5440.jpeg
IMG_9444.jpeg

Last edited:

kevin mays

The funny part is he had no idea it was two seperate beards . He just thought it was a paint brush beard
He was half way paying attention when he removed one and the realized it was two beards :)

Then it was too late

OldFussNFeathers

We've had a heck of yr this season.
My son has been on a mission to kill one in every state and decided to head west to Idaho this week for the long weekend.
He had a friend who is a non hunter in Idaho and said come stay w me and try your luck.
Friday he put in about 15 mi on some public ground and had a chance to shoot 2 different birds that had 6-7 in beards and about 10 different jakes.

He spotted a long beard and roosted it at dark yesterday:

Today he set up on the long beard and at fly down he pitched right below him made a half circle and came strutting right in.

It was over just like that.

The bird was double bearded 2 nice beards at that

Mark Idaho off the list
He also did
Fl Ga Nc Sc tn Oh
I think he's killed 12
9 w a 410
And called in 5 more that got killed

View attachment 229122View attachment 229126
Congrats! Idaho is one of the prettiest places I've been and one that I would actually consider moving to. Tell them boys to stay healthy 😉.

Latest posts