I wonder...........

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
How the fishing will be affected by the recent drops in temps this week.
I am praying that by tomorrow morning the front will be far enough along that the ditch pickles will bite.
Gonna be a good day either way but it would be nice to whack 'em :)

woodyard

They ought to be used to those fronts by now with ne every other day.

I am going today to KY Lake and see. Iam gonna run the boat some to get more thru the breaking period and try for a few bass. The reports I looked at yesterday said the bass are doing pretty good. The crappie not so good, still real scattered and no pattern.
Only calling for 7 mph winds so not to bad. Probably will not bite till on up in the day, but it sure will beat working.

woodyard

Well. Have been hearing how bad it has been for the crappie fishermen and I guess they have been telling the truth. My Report for the day is that fishing was pretty good for somebody that hasn't been in a while, , just the catching wasn 't much. Sort of like I figured after the cold fronts. Nothing on bass , which I spent most of the day after, and I finally managed a few small crappie mid afternoon. Of course I ain't much of a bass fisherman to begin with.

Water was 55 degrees this morn and warmed up a couple during the day. Guys from MO were asking me if there were any crappie in there now. :D I guess they weren' t doing too good either. That really sucks when you drive along ways and the fish wiil not cooperate and it is cold and windy during most of the spring?

You could tell the fishing is way off from normal. I saw six different boat ramps and they had only a few trailers most of the day. It was picking up late afternoon.. Used to you would need to get there before daylight to get a parking place this time of year. Used to whatever section of the lake you were on this time of year you could count 75-100 boats that you could see. Today you might have counted 10 in a n area.

Also the wind was higher than weatherbug was putting out. Ran the boat a lot and burned up some gas. Played with the Garmins. Overall a good day .

Ruger, maybe they will be turned on tomorrow at 1000 a acre.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Cuttin Caller":2yw4loxa said:
They will be bitting at Dickson far end of the lake.

That's cute but I like it better when they are biting, not bitting.... little bits don't impress me. :)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I would out fish you (again) if I came there, just like I will tophat tomorrow. :)

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
RUGER":2tmb3ljo said:
Cuttin Caller":2tmb3ljo said:
They will be bitting at Dickson far end of the lake.

That's cute but I like it better when they are biting, not bitting.... little bits don't impress me. :)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I would out fish you (again) if I came there, just like I will tophat tomorrow. :)
You wouldn't out fished me that day if you hadn't stole my spot. Lol
Anytime Ruger.

Latest posts