I hate carp

TRIGGER

Was running down the water Saturday night at 55 mph (moon was bright) when I saw a flash and BAM felt like I hit a log. Nope we..we'll my boat and my partner mostly got covered in carp crap and eggs. Speared it. No clue how it didn't end up in the boat with us.

TRIGGER

C07BEDD3-C2D1-4BA4-A49B-8659F771D371.jpeg
A1F28D0D-F6FA-4655-936D-A9464352E1AF.jpeg
08020716-1BB6-4AB6-A1AD-2CF69B507DA9.jpeg

Sako

Sorry that happened to you... I would assume that was one of those that jump out of the water? I do love catching them on rod & reel but those Asian carp that jump can be dangerous

rsimms

Was running down the water Saturday night at 55 mph (moon was bright) when I saw a flash and BAM felt like I hit a log. Nope we..we'll my boat and my partner mostly got covered in carp crap and eggs. Speared it. No clue how it didn't end up in the boat with us.
So I am assuming this was likely an Asian variety carp... not a common carp? Either way it sucks.

WTM

So I am assuming this was likely an Asian variety carp... not a common carp? Either way it sucks.
yeah they make a big mess. seems like they are constantly crapping what appears to be mud or algae and when they flop around inside the boat they constantly bleed. to me they smell like burnt rubber.

they taste pretty good though.

SES

yeah they make a big mess. seems like they are constantly crapping what appears to be mud or algae and when they flop around inside the boat they constantly bleed. to me they smell like burnt rubber.

they taste pretty good though.
Sounds delicious. 😀

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
theyre pretty good no lie. if yall see a couple of fools out on ky lake getting them stirred up and trying to catch them with a dip net. thatd be me.

gonna try a big treble hook snagging next but need to figure out if its legal.
Not sure if it would be different at KY lake, but it is legal at Reelfoot.
Ton of fun too.

Gotta watch those big trebles though. One came out of a fish at the bank and hit my buddy.
He lost an eye over it. :(

WTM

Not sure if it would be different at KY lake, but it is legal at Reelfoot.
Ton of fun too.

Gotta watch those big trebles though. One came out of a fish at the bank and hit my buddy.
He lost an eye over it. :(
yeah i was thinking what would happen if one came out. i wear glasses now thow but still taking one to the neck would be bad too.

sometimes i can get a couple to jump in the boat but they make a mess and definately a handful to get a hold of.

Latest posts