i give up ?

pety221

i sent my scope bk to nikon the were posed to repair it
gun was shooting high an to the right when i sent to scope bk
now its putting them in a lil better than a quarter
but the problem is that its on but i can not move the power ring to see a lil better
so my question is this wicth end of the scope do i shim ?
also what to use ?

Sniper

Why can't you use the power ring? It won't turn because of mechanical problem or because it is hitting the rifle. If it is hitting the rifle then you probably just need a higher set of mounts. Shimming is going to cause you to shoot high, might even be too high and you'll run out of adjustment.

pety221

i'm having to bottom the adjustments on the elevation an left right out to get even close its shooting high an to the right bout six inches

Tiny

On the Power Ring, You might try some Extension Rings if its hitting the rings or the rear action bridge.May also have to go to a higher set.

On the Shimming,You said it was shooting high,right and maxed out.Place a shim or two under the scope inside the rear ring do the opposite to the front should pull your scope impact down. Assumeing I aint reversed that.You can also postion them on the inside/top or side/bottom to fix the left/right if youu have to.

A couple of other options,Burris Rings with the inserts to do the same for both.Or Windage adjustable rings or Base & Rings.

Sniper

What kind of rifle is it?

If it is shooting low shim the rear base or you can shim the bottom of the rear ring either way.

What kind of mounts are they? Knowing this would help to.

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
I'm a little confused about the problem with the power ring, but if you can't turn it and have already tightened it down you may have already bent your scope tube causing a misalignment. I hope not. Otherwise it sounds like you need a higher set of rings. If the rifle is shooting high and to the right you will need to raise the scope alignment to match the rifle bore which means you need a shim under the front end of the scope to bring the scope up. If you buy new rings and/or mounts get some standard single dovetail rings and you can adjust out the left-right part without any shimming. Good luck.

Tiny

Tiny said:
On the Shimming,You said it was shooting high,right and maxed out.Place a shim or two under the scope inside the rear ring do the opposite to the front should pull your scope impact down. Assumeing I aint reversed that.You can also postion them on the inside/top or side/bottom to fix the left/right if youu have to.

I did goof up on the above Whelen man is correct.

Max out and shooting high raise/shime the front of the scope.

Latest posts