Hypothetical regulation changes.

SinningSaint33

How many on here would be in favor of regulations changing up a bit? Say, archery opens 4th Saturday in September and runs til mid-January, ML opens the day after the early youth hunt and closes the following Sunday. Gun doesn't open u til the first Saturday of December. So archery only for 95%+ of the rut? Would we start seeing bigger bucks after a couple years? Would it negatively impact deer herds with overpopulation??

Rakkin6

Me personally I don't mind has it is. But if it is better for the population I am also open to options. JUST SO IT IS BASED ON HELPING THE POPULATION AND NOTHING ELSE. Sorry for yelling there but I don't want the TWR making political decisions.

SinningSaint33

I think it would be interesting to see harvest statistics. I like it how it is too, though I rarely take a gun anymore. I just thought about it on my way home from work. I know some states do similar things. We're super blessed in TN to have a deer population that can handle such liberal limits and season lengths.

Jcalder

I think it would be interesting to see harvest statistics. I like it how it is too, though I rarely take a gun anymore. I just thought about it on my way home from work. I know some states do similar things. We're super blessed in TN to have a deer population that can handle sun h liberal limits and season lengths.
West Tennessee might have the population, but that's not true across the state. As to your original question, no. Leave as is.

Omega

If you want more bow opportunities, lobby for bow only areas instead of messing with the seasons. Of course there would be push-back from anyone in those areas so...

Planking

I'd like to see all the coyote night hunting and hog night hunting get removed from the entire deer season and from the street at night. You want to kill them at that time then use a trap.

Latest posts